Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Michigan Living by a Nasty Mangy Wilddog  (Read 11414 times)

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: Michigan Living by a Nasty Mangy Wilddog
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2019, 07:04:52 pm »
Wow...I hope that's not our finest export standing right there! and that aint jealousy speaking due to the two birds he has in attendance...there is something infantile about the need to flip the bird when somebody whips out a camera.

Either way, big up to you on making those young boys lifes that much better. It resonates a small wee amount with me.

Im sorry to hear of your friends battles in life. I fully realize that its not logical, and even though I have read of the good Zogs slog in the states, I have a default mental pitcure in my head of nobody really struggling in the states...I know its not right but its there. Reading these stories helps push the "upload new preconcieved idea" button in my head.

Thanks for sharing, it takes a lot of effort and is appreciated

I apologize.  My intention when I stopped at the river was to photograph people tubing, canoeing, kayaking, etc.

The crew pictured is just 3 of probably 10 heavily intoxicated individuals, one of which was eyeballing me because his gf wouldn't leave me or bike alone.  Like it was my fault she was drunk out of her mind and acting irrationally.  I've been in this state to, but I was taught to not touch other peoples stuff.

Love everyone, regardless of where their ancestry lies............we all bleed red...........we are all on this rock together.........be nice to people.......

Offline eberhard

• Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2019, 07:34:34 pm »
Some truly great pictures! Quite a few of them brought a tear to my eye. Sure brought back lots of memories. Keep posting. :thumleft:
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

The following users thanked this post: big oil

Online cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2019, 07:36:08 pm »
B/O love your writing, your brutal honesty and the love with which you it, for land the people and your experiences.
BTW - great 1150 there bro, best bike BMW ever produced!
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline boland

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2019, 08:43:05 pm »
People like you are what keep communities together.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2019, 10:19:47 am »
Some truly great pictures! Quite a few of them brought a tear to my eye. Sure brought back lots of memories. Keep posting. :thumleft:

I understand, seeing some of the antique tractors creates fond memories of simpler times.

Experiencing the devastation and despair from fire has brought much anguish to my life since Saturday morning, I cannot imagine what Milo is going through.

Years ago my sisters home burned down with her animals inside after ex-bf threw lit cig in trash bin located on screened in porch.

Talk about life tuned upside down.  Everything she owned in life, gone in few hours.

B/O love your writing, your brutal honesty and the love with which you it, for land the people and your experiences.
BTW - great 1150 there bro, best bike BMW ever produced!

Thanks Cocky, I like it when people get all syrupy and sugary, provide positive encouragement.

I'm having time of my life with my old BMDubya, she doesn't have shit for HP, what she does have is loads of usable torque for real world speeds.

And, I love to look at her  :drif:

Plus, out of 3 bikes in the stable, she's the only ridable bike I have currently  :imaposer:

Ducati is stripped down, time for valve inspection, clean oxidized injector plates, change belts, scope out all bolts and fasteners for tightness, new chain and cogs, new gaskets on some of the top end engine covers weeping a tad bit of dino juice.

KTM has been in shop for, actually, it's been so dam long, I can't remember just how long it has been, I'm leaning towards 4-4.5 months now  :xxbah:

People like you are what keep communities together.

That means a lot, thank you  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 02:34:11 am by big oil »
Love everyone, regardless of where their ancestry lies............we all bleed red...........we are all on this rock together.........be nice to people.......

The following users thanked this post: eberhard

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2019, 11:18:57 am »
Ladies and dogs, allow me to back up to Friday, 2 Aug 2019.

Joseph, Rebecca, and I traveled north to their most recent acquisition. 

Dilapidated old farm house, registered locally or nationally in registry of historical homes.

I will be logging renovation as we go along for your viewing pleasure!

The home has been lived in by same family for 49 years.

As both hubby and wife became elderly, the farm has been neglected, shall I say, heavily.

Strange living situation if you ask me, more details on this later.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2019, 11:46:57 am »
Joseph has been chomping at the bit to get in the home and start renovations and cleanup lawn.

We hadn't been at his farm for 2 minutes, I'm walking the property capturing some images.

I look up, Joe is clearing thistle so door on dumpster can be swung open, with small handheld machete  :patch:

He's got sweat pouring off him as his lovely sweet wife, Rebecca, supervises  :imaposer:

This appears to be perfect opportunity to get Joseph going this morning, you have to realize Joe is young, certainly not dumb, but full of *um, piss, n vinegar I say!

He's a hundred miles per hour 24/7/365!  I don't know if I told you previously, but he's a young witty go getter, who enjoys friendly back n forth jabs with the much more witty and intelligent, muah!!

So, I lurk quietly up on his 6, I can see the sweat already dripping from his chin, I can tell Joe is already running a little hot under the collar, I quietly sneak up behind him, I look at Rebecca with my  >:D evil conniving face, she knows whats coming and begins to smile!!  I think she secretly likes it that I can make her hubby's blood boil instantaneously.  :imaposer:

He is unaware I'm nearby  :peepwall:  I say in a quiet unassuming but very annoying tone, scratching my head, excuse me, Joe,  :scratch: I don't know what your thoughts are, but I think it'd be much quicker and efficient to clear brush and thistle with D6 Catepillar than by hand  :laughing7: :la:  :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot:

He looks at me, veins pulsing in his neck and forehead, he raises machete as if he's going to take my head off and just looks at me with blind stare  :imaposer:

Before he thinks of comeback, I say, cat got your tongue, Joe, it was just idea I thought I'd share  :imaposer: and I walk away as Rebecca is cracking up laughing.

Gosh, I love these kids.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:51:55 am by big oil »

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2019, 12:01:25 pm »
Sad that people get so old and tired, they neglect an appreciating investment, though to each their own, people deal with issues others know nothing about.

We take the challenge of cleaning this old girl up head on. 

Amazing to me someone can't take a broom and sweep, make clean, be happier.

The carpet, padding, and mattress we removed from home, the rest of the rubbish is previous owner.

This home has features I've not seen in long time, if ever like this.

It will be lots of work but lots of fun cleaning this place up.  Does me documenting this renovation interest anyone? 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 02:37:06 am by big oil »

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2019, 12:48:37 pm »
BO thanks for posting all the tractor photos. My favorite the green JD two silinders.
Working on a diary farm in Virginia I drove up two Pennsylvania on my two saterdays off just to go and watch the Amish work their land. I'd just drive around until I'd see a guy plowing and switch off the bakkie and then watch him plow with his horses. They are masters at handling horses. On my last saterday I asked one of the farmers if it would be possible for me to work on one of their farms for a month or two? He gave me a stern look and said the elders would not like that.
Kind of ironic that the closest town to where a lot of the Amish farmers were had a very big Ford/New Holland factory!!
I took a pic of a 12 wheel Ford tractor in front of the factory.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline eberhard

• Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2019, 07:04:32 pm »
Beautiful picture  :thumleft:
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2019, 07:24:36 pm »
Yes, James it would interest me as I cannot leave a place like I got it and always have to change something.
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2019, 01:34:10 am »
I would love to watch you document the rebuild  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2019, 02:46:55 am »
Well alrighty then chicken chokers  :ricky:

Old barn is in roughhhhh shape, there's something about this old billDean that pulls at me heartstrings though

Back 40 beeches.

We need that dozer!

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2019, 03:06:26 am »
Come inside with me Ladies and dogs, no need to take off your shoes, this place is filthy, neglect like I've not witnessed in quite some time.

Oh well, we love a challenge.  Give us the nastiest home you can find, we take much pride in making things better than we found it.

This is interior of the addition constructed in 1999.  First thing, rip up all floor covering.

Oh yeah, thanks for leaving us beautiful mirror furniture thingamabob.  :patch:

Stairwell to basement

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2019, 03:12:48 am »
What in the world will I find down in this dungeon?

Musty odor, though not bad considering neglect.

Utility room ceiling

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2019, 03:17:49 am »
Laundry slash utility room

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2019, 03:57:31 am »
I failed to mention that prior to coming inside house to capture pics, I took a few pulls of some lovely mitten homegrown to alleviate some pain.

Unbeknownst to me, I'd be in the battle for my life soon.

After utility room, I went back upstairs and entered bedroom, Joe had knocked dividing wall between 2 small bedrooms, to make master bedroom.

I was all alone, looked up at ceiling, old ceiling fan, kooooooool.  That'll be coming down.

Then, I'm all blown n baked, look to my right to see little creatures coming out of bedroom wall to attack me.    :eek7:

:patch:  These little shits wanna war with me, I told them, I am Haru, Great White ninja from elite society of Japanese warriors .

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:59:02 am by big oil »

Offline thabogrobler

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2019, 09:19:32 pm »
I have seen with some older folk that their hand on properties tend to slip. I think it is a combo of loss of eyesight and deteriorating physical abilities.

I am sure in a month or 2 this place would look much better?

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2019, 09:36:33 pm »
I have seen with some older folk that their hand on properties tend to slip. I think it is a combo of loss of eyesight and deteriorating physical abilities.

I am sure in a month or 2 this place would look much better?

I agree with your statement, the old man can't get around well and has accumulated more archives, files, experimental files, it is almost beyond belief.  He is retired from State Health Department.

I'm hoping this guy isn't one of those experimental on human types.  Scared of what I'll find is this dilapidated old structure, which is quite hidden behind brush, trees, and rubbish.  It's like a scene out of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.   

Once current owners finally get all of their belongings out, we will bring in crew to clean from attic to basement.

You will not believe the filth the filth I witnessed capturing pics, but you will soon!

I finally gained the courage today to go up in attic after another gave me the all clear.  I didn't want to fall through flooring if it was weak.

Fortunately, this old girl is solid.

I've still yet to gain the courage to go in basement.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2019, 09:49:38 pm »
Then Bree stopped by, she'd been working, she was all hot and sweaty, iow, perfect for a proper romp in the hay, so I asked her to pose for a pic for my Dogs.  She obliged.  We were tying to find the right pose, look and smile, so as I was hitting shutter button, I said, oh, that's it Bree, uh huh, thatta girl, now bend over, show us that cute little fart box, oh yeah, that's it honey.

Then I said, Bree, I'd like to tongue punch your fart box like a retard on meth, and that's when I finally got the natural smile I was looking for.  :la:

:laughing7: