Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 🇺🇸Michigan🇨🇦Living🇩🇪  (Read 35278 times)

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: Michigan Living by a Nasty Mangy Wilddog
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2019, 03:20:18 am »
A few peaches of the overgrowth.

Prepare yourself for four more years 😎

The following users thanked this post: eberhard

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2019, 03:36:38 am »
Livestock barn with hay loft.  I'm afraid to go in.  I'm much too good looking to take chance of having something fall on me or scratch my face.

]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 03:37:04 am by big oil »

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2019, 03:44:13 am »
After entering front entrance door to barn and to the left.

Empty baby food jars.  Something is going on around here, I can smell it.  Hair standing on back of neck, pit in stomach, skin crawl, baby experiments.

Out the rear exit of barn and back yard.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2019, 03:47:02 am »
Does anyone want to see interior peekchas of inside main home?  All 3 stories?

Better hold onto your tummy, fair warning. 

Online Tom van Brits

« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2019, 04:09:20 am »

YES please!!  :laughing4: :laughing4:

Offline eberhard

• Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2019, 09:13:34 am »
 :thumleft: :thumleft:
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

The following users thanked this post: big oil

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2019, 03:25:28 pm »

My pics look nice on my laptop, look like dog shit on my cell, TVB, how do I fix this?

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2019, 06:52:51 pm »
On our way home yesterday, I had to take a detour to get to Renovation Joe's bank, due to road construction.

Therefore, we took some rural roads, my favorite.  I was driving due west, sun blinding me, I'm trying to drive and focus.

All of a sudden, the little prick sitting next to me yells, WHOA WHOA WHOA, so I hit the brakes fearing there may be deer I'm not seeing.

I get slowed, I look at Joe and ask him whiskey tango foxtrot you yelling for dipshit?

You passed that enormous yard sale.  Well, 5 minutes ago you were crying for your wife and kids, Joe, what do you want from me?

Joe, in a whiny tone, says, "I want to go to the yard sale.  Okay, Joe, just please after yard sale, please don't talk to me until tomorrow morning and ask permission first.

Well, I'm happier than a pig in shit I decided to stop at yard sale,  Check this shit out:

I found this in the dumpster after the previous owners finally left.  State of Michigan Document from 1873.  Could be a reproduction or replica, idk, but I'm certainly going to do some research.  I also found 2 of the old old style thick records, they have to be worth a few bucks each, they're very old.

Camelot vinyl record, 3-disc DVD set 'John Adams',

Extensive grill set - $5

Unused electric griddle - $5, Joan Baez, Balshoi something, and Emer vinyl record, and a table than connects to a WEBER grill, originally cost $44.99 at ACE Hardware, brand new in original packaging at yard sale for a whopping 50 cents.

Tooooof brushes and flossers for 25 cents each.  And, one of my favorite finds, Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant.

All of the stuff above in my bakkie = $36.50  :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2019, 07:38:00 pm »
Some decent finds at the yard sale  :thumleft:

I remember reading the RL Stevenson Treasure Island as a young kid, awesome!

That barn, although looking ramshackle and run down and untidy as a whore's handbag, looks solid. Just some TLC and a good cleanout and it will be good as new again. And I'm sure your friend will clean up all the overgrowth in the garden faster than a bed bug will nip you in the nuts  :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Online Tom van Brits

« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2019, 12:17:01 am »

My pics look nice on my laptop, look like dog shit on my cell, TVB, how do I fix this?

You got me there, I wouldn't know why or how. I take all my 'God's pics with the mirrorless camera and fine tune in lightroom :lol8:

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2019, 12:24:32 am »
Some decent finds at the yard sale  :thumleft:

I remember reading the RL Stevenson Treasure Island as a young kid, awesome!

That barn, although looking ramshackle and run down and untidy as a whore's handbag, looks solid. Just some TLC and a good cleanout and it will be good as new again. And I'm sure your friend will clean up all the overgrowth in the garden faster than a bed bug will nip you in the nuts  :imaposer:

Thanks, I was happy leaving the sale. 

I have yet to read T.I.

The barn is solid structurally, crew began cleaning and tidying up today. 

My buddy asked me to get a quote on a tracked skid-steer with a forestry bit today. 

$600 per day, which isn't outrageous, but some of the saplings are too large for a forestry bit on a skid-steer.

I suggested Joe rent bigger equipment, he agreed.  I'm trying to track down a small track-hoe or dozer.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2019, 12:47:38 am »
Okay, allow me to take you on a tour of this beautiful historical farm in much need of some repairs and tender loving care.

Entrance to kitchen in main farm house.

Area under and behind where the fridge once stood. 

Online Tom van Brits

« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2019, 12:48:24 am »
We drove past a yard sale today, it looked interesting and we wanted to stop but we were just drenched in sweat and drove past.
Next time!

Those little skids are quite handy, we used one today

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2019, 12:53:39 am »
I don't think this was the original dining room though I may be incorrect.

Foyer after entering main front entrance door complete with original turn-key doorbell ringer...........old skool Kool.

Say hello to my little friend living near foyer window.

Arachnid has a smorgasbord below him.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2019, 01:02:27 am »
Old Bill, organizing his belongings.  Seeing the man spend his last days in a home he's spent 49-50 years in is bittersweet for me.

Bill told me he was in the Navy, retired from the State of Michigan Health Department, public speaker at around 80 events per year, I'm sure there's much more.  I asked Bill if it was okay to drive up, get him out of the house, go for breakfast, lunch, dinner at his favorite location, just so I can hear his story.  His eyes lit up.  From what I've gathered, this Bill's family has left him to die in the old farm house.  I don't think the man has left the farm house much in the last 3 years since he paid cash for a 2,000 sq. ft. home 15.3 miles away from the farm plantation for his much younger wife.

Here's a pass through with coat racks to the room I don't think was the main dining room.

Let's go up the main stairwell to the second and third floor.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2019, 01:14:50 am »
Second floor closet.

Second floor bedroom 1.

Found picture of baby experiment in bedroom 2, captured 2 pictures but they didn't show up on memory card.  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Telling ya, I can feel it in my bones.

Kidding about pics not showing up on memory stick, not kidding about bad feeling about baby experiments.

Here's bedroom two on second floor.

In the closet, way up high, hidden to anyone not a giant, a bunch of records Bill left.  I'll look through them for Bill to see if it's something he wants.  Unless it's a box of cash, I'll keep it...................well, until my conscience kicks in and I have to deliver every penny or I won't sleep at night.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2019, 02:29:48 am »
OMG that house is beautiful...  :drif:

Yes, a bit of a spit and a bit of a polish and it will look like a million bucks again. Wooden floors, that stairway, the pocket doors, old school and seriously cool...

Sad that Bill has been abandoned by his family. I dunno why people do that. I guess it's why I like dogs more than people.
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2019, 02:40:24 am »
It is utterly heartbreaking to see how people can lose everything in the blink of an eye  :'(

I have nothing spare now, but I get paid on Friday and then I will try to make a small contribution  :thumleft:

Thank you for being such a good neighbor and helping so much  :thumleft:

Promise kept  :thumleft:

I wish it could be more.  :'(

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2019, 12:59:18 pm »
We drove past a yard sale today, it looked interesting and we wanted to stop but we were just drenched in sweat and drove past.
Next time!

Those little skids are quite handy, we used one today

I like how maneuverable a skid-steer is.

My issue with renting one is I feel Renovation Joe will end up spending 3 grand on rental versus having a friend of mine, who grew up, actually, one of my best friends, James, who came out of the womb, so it's told, grabbed a cigarette and a Pabst Blue Ribbon, and began walking towards his father's Catepillar dozer, can bring over large excavation equipment, put on a clinic on how it's done, and have a huge pile for us to light on fire and have Indian dance around.

The perfect scenario for Renovation Joe and you dogs is if I can get James to agree to do this and bring his 1/2 way decent looking daughter along to operate a dozer while James operates his track-hoe.  If you get a glimpse of James's little queen operating large equipment, you fokkers will be offering rooms in your Cape Town palaces to her if she'll operate your dozers and hoes.  :imaposer:  This little angels name is Khloe, she's nice and very intelligent like her daddy, my friend James, but she also has some bitch attitude from her mom's dna as well!!  Not necessarily a bad thing to have. 

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2019, 01:15:37 pm »
OMG that house is beautiful...  :drif:

Yes, a bit of a spit and a bit of a polish and it will look like a million bucks again. Wooden floors, that stairway, the pocket doors, old school and seriously cool...

Sad that Bill has been abandoned by his family. I dunno why people do that. I guess it's why I like dogs more than people.

Yes sir, you'd be amazed if I took pics of what we've already accomplished. 

It's not clean, just done, so I'll wait for the finished product before I take pics.

There were 3 bedrooms on the main floor of the 1999 addition.  We knocked a wall dividing 2 bedrooms, creating a 'Master Bedroom'.  We built a closet in the MB, drywalled, called in a professional to do the drywall finishing.  There you go Zog, lightbulb just popped.  If you want to make some cash, I'm talking a living where you give Uncle Sam a percentage of your income while most of the cash goes in wiser places, lol, learn the lost art of finishing drywall. 

It was a pleasure to watch a master drywall finisher perform his craft.  This old fart is retired, but for people he likes, he'll come out work 2 hours, come out the next, work 2 hours day, and so on  :imaposer:  He has his own method.  I noticed he does NOT carry buckets of drywall mud in the house.  It stays on the tailgate of his Silverado.  He walks out every few minutes to get away from the fumes and to clear his mind, gets a little mud on his metal plate with his trowel and works it while he walks back in the house.  The way the guy applied the stuff, omg, it looks like I've swum in a pool of drywall mud when I'm done, this guy didn't have any mud on the floor or his hands or clothes.  Truly a gift to have witnessed that.

He worked a total of 4 hours, he only charged Joe $200.  Sounds like a lot, but it's dirt cheap.  He makes it look so easy.  The old man gets paid for what he knows, not time.

Two hundred dollars Uncle Sam will know nothing about  ;)

Yeah, I feel bad for Bill, his kids have abandoned him.  Bill's much younger wife, Kathy, told me Bill has given his son so much over the years, yet he charges his dad to cut the grass at the farm or to do anything around the house. 

It is utterly heartbreaking to see how people can lose everything in the blink of an eye  :'(

I have nothing spare now, but I get paid on Friday and then I will try to make a small contribution  :thumleft:

Thank you for being such a good neighbor and helping so much  :thumleft:

Promise kept  :thumleft:

I wish it could be more.  :'(

Thank you, Zog, it says volumes about you as a person.