Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 🇺🇸Michigan🇨🇦Living🇩🇪  (Read 20703 times)

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: 🇺🇸Michigan🇨🇦Living🇩🇪
« Reply #760 on: February 14, 2020, 02:11:32 pm »
This week over a thousand climbers from all over world are meeting up in Munising, Michigan for the Michigan Ice Fest. Munising is a prefect place for ice climbing because the sandstone in the area allows for water to slowly seep out of it, allowing for the creation of so many beautiful and climbable ice formations. Have fun climbers and stay safe!

I can see why the ice climbers gravitated to this section of Grand Island in Munising, Michigan. The massive ice cliffs held this amazing blue colored ice. This cliff is easily 100 feet tall and I loved the contrasting colors of blue.

Not for me, looks interesting though. Pic borrowed, I may try to see this event if I can get up there in time.  I got delayed on leaving for my trip, hopefully leaving this week. 

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:10:44 am by big oil »
🇺🇸🇨🇦🇩🇪🇬🇧🇿🇦

The following users thanked this post: EssBee

Offline Toothless

• Bike: Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
« Reply #761 on: February 14, 2020, 02:30:46 pm »

[/quote]

What a beautiful and serene pic!

The following users thanked this post: big oil

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #762 on: February 16, 2020, 08:14:07 am »

What a beautiful and serene pic!

Thanks Toothless, it was a beautiful crisp and cold morning. 

I had just arrived at my friends, Joe and Rebecca Mast's home, in Leslie, Michigan.   

The highlight of my morning was meeting their new baby, Darlene, 6 pounds 4 ounces.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:16:01 am by big oil »
🇺🇸🇨🇦🇩🇪🇬🇧🇿🇦

Offline eberhard

• Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
Re: [emoji631]Michigan[emoji1063]Living[emoji629]
« Reply #763 on: February 16, 2020, 08:48:00 am »
Here's a pic of a typical blizzard that affects the Keweenaw Peninsula of Michigan.  That area gets the most snowfall as the peninsula is surrounded by the frigid waters of Lake Superior.

Borrowed pic from last winter, I believe thus was a parking lot at Michigan Technological University in Houghton, Michigan.  Itís not unusual for this place to get several feet of snow during storms.  If I remember correctly, the record for this area is around 32 feet of snow.

Would it not be a good idea to attach a long aerial to your vehicle with a flag at the top? With your phone number written on it.
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #764 on: February 17, 2020, 10:36:43 am »
Did some tune n testing on my lake racer. 

Hereís some triple 2-smoke for your listening pleasure

🇺🇸🇨🇦🇩🇪🇬🇧🇿🇦

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
Re: [emoji631]Michigan[emoji1063]Living[emoji629]
« Reply #765 on: February 17, 2020, 10:44:12 am »
Here's a pic of a typical blizzard that affects the Keweenaw Peninsula of Michigan.  That area gets the most snowfall as the peninsula is surrounded by the frigid waters of Lake Superior.

Borrowed pic from last winter, I believe thus was a parking lot at Michigan Technological University in Houghton, Michigan.  Itís not unusual for this place to get several feet of snow during storms.  If I remember correctly, the record for this area is around 32 feet of snow.

Would it not be a good idea to attach a long aerial to your vehicle with a flag at the top? With your phone number written on it.

I think a better idea is to report it stolen
🇺🇸🇨🇦🇩🇪🇬🇧🇿🇦

Offline EssBee

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #766 on: February 18, 2020, 08:25:24 am »
I cannot comprehend with the temperatures Michigan is subject to!

My partner's daughter lives there in Livonia so we get regular updates. ( anywhere close to you BO?....we have a tentative plan to visit them next year in about August)

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #767 on: February 18, 2020, 03:18:05 pm »
I cannot comprehend with the temperatures Michigan is subject to!

My partner's daughter lives there in Livonia so we get regular updates. ( anywhere close to you BO?....we have a tentative plan to visit them next year in about August)

The Great Lakes are a major factor in dictating our weather.

Yes, Livonia is an eastern suburb of Detroit, 1-1.5 hour drive from me.  I attended a 2 or 3 week class in Livonia back in 1999.  Livonia isn't far from Dearborn, the home of Ford Motor Company.

Lots of places to see and things to do, tell me a few interests you and your partner share, perhaps I can let my brain percolate and come up with a short list of must see's.

Greenfield Village, Detroit Institute of Arts, Ford Piquette Plant, Belle Isle Gardens, Fox Theatre, and the Detroit Symphony are a few off the top of me head.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 03:23:24 pm by big oil »
🇺🇸🇨🇦🇩🇪🇬🇧🇿🇦

The following users thanked this post: EssBee