🇺🇸Michigan🇨🇦Living🇩🇪

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big oil

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome, tip of me hat to ya, here is a place where I will do my best, which is sometimes worthless, of portraying what life is like for me here in the most beautiful state of all, Michigan.

Last Saturday, a smart ass go getter 24 year old friend, I can stomach somedays, sometimes not, without a DL, Joseph, asked me to chauffeur him, his lovely prego wife, Becca, and his two babies, up to the home they recently had closed on.

Outside temps were crisp at 8am, at 18C, though the sun was shining bright and temps quickly increased to about 29C by 9am.

No A/C in their home, so I reclined my seats in my bakkie, turned the A/C seats on high, A/C turned on 15C, a little Bob Seger playing on my iPod to drown out the purr of the diesel.

I awoke 3 hours later when lovely Becca opened my passenger side door to gently and quietly tell me my lunch had been prepared and we would be eating on the front porch.

Now that's a woman.  ;)  A woman who is so caring and nurturing to her hubby, her children, and me, a woman who talks with such a low soft gentle voice, she puts me in a trance.

Waiting for me on front porch table was oven pan filled with beautiful aroma emanating from her delicious homemade meatloaf topped with her tasty homemade sauce, along with boiled red potatoes, for our main course, jello laced with cream cheese and or homemade from scratch yellow cake with chocolate fudge frosting, for desert.

A wonderful meal, ohhhhhh it was mouth watering delicious.  :drif:

After lunch, I was bored listening to Joseph's bullshit, so I told him I'd be back for him in a few hours, I was going to drive up to the nearby annual  Steam and Thresher show between Leslie and Mason, Michigan.

Here's a few iPhone pics of what I saw.