Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 🇺🇸Michigan🇨🇦Living🇩🇪  (Read 36334 times)

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: 🇺🇸Michigan🇨🇦Living🇩🇪
« Reply #1140 on: October 12, 2020, 01:25:09 am »
Nice straight roads with beautiful trees.  :thumleft:
Those blind side roads must give you heart attacks when the residents come out suddenly!  :o

It does, but not as harsh of a heart attack as when a moose, deer, or bear jumps out of the trees  :imaposer:
Prepare yourself for four more years 😎

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #1141 on: October 12, 2020, 01:27:19 am »
I went island hopping off Sandusky back in 1997. Also went to Cedar Point rollercoaster park.

I was amazing about the size of these lakes. I think Lake Erie only about 35 deep at the most. But what got me was when we came to an island without a ferry dock and I asked the guy how he got his pickup there and he told me drove it there... I was seriously interested in his weed till he burst out laughing and told me that it all froze up I winter and they can drive to Canada over the lake. I well believed that remembering the day we landed in a blizzard and how cold it was.

Nice, Cedar Point has the largest and fastest coasters in our country.

BigEd, are you telling me you visited Put-in-Bay Island?  That place is the stuff of legends, a real meat market if you know what I mean.  Oh man, I've got a funny story to tell about one of my visits there.
Prepare yourself for four more years 😎

Offline BigEd

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #1142 on: October 12, 2020, 06:44:56 am »
BigEd, are you telling me you visited Put-in-Bay Island?  That place is the stuff of legends, a real meat market if you know what I mean.  Oh man, I've got a funny story to tell about one of my visits there.

I did! The Beer Barrel Saloon with its longest bar counter...

Also went to Kelly's Island. I think we visited another smaller island but I can remember now.

It was a lovely day spent hopping around the islands renting golf carts and just having fun! Me and my brother took turns seeing how fast we could go in them...
81 XT500 (sold) 82 GPZ550 (sold)
04 XL650V Transalp (sold) 01 XL1000V Varadero (sold)
88 DR750s Dr Big (sold) 01 R1150GS BMW (sold)
84 XT600 Tenere 34L (sold)
?? Trek 6000 flippen martelpyp (current)