Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bike and Quadsure  (Read 233 times)

Offline OFFROAD FANATICS

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
Bike and Quadsure
« on: August 02, 2019, 03:31:25 pm »
Hi there fellow Dogs. I just got a quote from the above guys and are they about 40% cheaper than my current insurer. I need to know if they are proper insurers that does not have a lot of stories whenever one claims. Anybody with any experience regarding their services?
KEEP THE MOMENTUM - 2017 KTM 350 XCF
KAKAF TOT MôRE - 2017 KTM 300 XCW
KAN TRUMP MOTORCYCLES  - 2014 KTM 1190 R
KEEN TO MOVE - 2013 KTM RC8R - THE ORIGINAL DNA

Offline LouisXander

• Lesotho (K)night rider.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Member of the Secret Sazook Society...
Re: Bike and Quadsure
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 05:21:18 pm »
Don't dress for the ride,........dress for the fall!

Online Noneking

2006 HP2 Enduro 1229
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 10:14:24 pm »
They’re a brokerage and your policy will be underwritten by an insurancer. Bryte last time I checked. Had some issues with both in terms of comms from Quadsure and the claim process from Bryte. They also put my premium up with 20% one year with zero notification.

I won’t insure with them again personally
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 12:02:38 pm »
A few people contacted me and asked to please comment on this thread.............so here goes:

To quote 40% cheaper than the rest of the market, should immediately trigger warning signs and you got to
ask yourself WHY ?

I'm going out on pure speculation here, but I've been long enough in this industry to give you an answer that
will probably be 99,99% correct.....
All the well-known motorcycle insurance broker houses use this trick.
Lure the client in with a "too-good-to-be-true" premium and get them on the books and start collecting money from them.
Then you dot it down in the calendar for further action 3 months down the line...........when the
"due to crime and increasing cost of parts and labour we must now increase your premium" generic letter goes out
and you end up paying close to exactly what you were paying before>
Seen this happening over-and-over-and-over through the years.
One of the oldest marketing ploys in the game  ;)

Can they give you some kind of guarantee that their premiums wont increase for example the next 12 months ?
I dont think so.  ;)

Further on.....................be very careful of cheap motorcycle only policies.
Everyone try to entice you with a low premium, but a low premium is also usually linked to a very high
excess structure.
Typically the going standard excess is 10% of claim with minimum R2500
BUT
then they start adding additional excesses like eg.
If you have a claim within the first 6 months :  Add another 10%
If you have a single vehicle accident: Add another 10%
If the rider had a license for less than two years or a learners : Add another 10%

....................and then you write off your R200 000 motorcycle and suddenly the excess is R60 000 or R80 000!!
(I'm not saying these are the excesses that Quadsure charge, but rather what you typically can expect in open market)

Then the very last thing...................and it brings me back to my old saying: " You never know how good your insurance is until you claim"
What do you know about their claims service? How well are they going to assist you, especially if the claim becomes technical and you need to fight the
insurer about something?    Is your claim going to get attention from a knowledgeable person or some little lady in the back office that has never even
been on a motorbike and understand what it is all about ?  This is usually where things go south if the shit hits the fan and they cannot stand up for the
client and takes part with the insurer because they eat up everything that the insurer serves and tells them.

They’re a brokerage and your policy will be underwritten by an insurancer. Bryte last time I checked. Had some issues with both in terms of comms from Quadsure and the claim process from Bryte. They also put my premium up with 20% one year with zero notification.

I won’t insure with them again personally

Good example to support my post.

**This post is not a Quadsure bashing, but rather objective comment about the motorcycle insurance market in South Africa in general.**
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:04:54 pm by Operator »

Online 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 12:10:28 pm »
Great and knowledgeable post Dewald!