Hlola Africa 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Cook

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Evening

Just returned from a 5 week 15000km Solo Adventure through Africa and let me tell you it was a life changing experience.  I started a thread in planning a ride that did not get much traction,  to be honest I did not do much planning.  I heard it said before "don't plan to leave, plan to return to normal life when you get back."  This could not be more true.  So with the map below I set off and dealt with each day and each situation as it arose.  The aim was not to ride the most difficult gravel roads or see as many tourist attractions as could,  but to get to know the local people in each country and experience their lives as they lived them.  As Riaan Manser said in his book Around Africa on my Bicycle "don't take a picture, be part of the picture".  I commit to giving you a short day by day update for the next 5 weeks.  Hold me too it and join me as I take you along with me to relive this amazing experience.  Just busy resizing my Photo's and learning how to post videos then we will be on our way.

Attachments

• IMG_20190627_095548 (1).jpg
    IMG_20190627_095548 (1).jpg
    453.5 KB · Views: 861