Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Motorcycles and the Wheels of Justice  (Read 469 times)

Offline lpj

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
Motorcycles and the Wheels of Justice
« on: August 14, 2019, 10:40:08 am »
Lots of truths in this opinion piece I think. Just wondering how you make a U-turn in a circle?

https://ewn.co.za/2019/08/12/haji-mohamed-dawjee-motorcycles-and-the-wheels-of-justice

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
Re: Motorcycles and the Wheels of Justice
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 12:15:33 pm »
It is scary how our legal system fails us daily due to lots of factors that should have no place in a proper system.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 12:21:55 pm »
I am not sure that I see the article as fair, especially in the last paragraph or two.  Look at this sentence, for instance:

"If a suspended sentence and a feature article in a national news website are the products of killing a motorcyclist, what chance does the system stand of changing for the better? What chance do other motorcyclists have of receiving due process?"

The suspended sentence was given by a court of law, after the facts of the case were argued.  Whether we agree with that, it is what it is.
How does the article in the national news about his organ building have anything to do with the crash and the sentence given? 
This is not a motorcycle thing.  Had this driver, cause the death of another car driver in that exact crash, the outcome is unlikely to have been different.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 12:22:29 pm by TheBear »
.#BRADICAL!

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 12:33:07 pm »
Lots of truths in this opinion piece I think. Just wondering how you make a U-turn in a circle?

https://ewn.co.za/2019/08/12/haji-mohamed-dawjee-motorcycles-and-the-wheels-of-justice

Brooklyn circle is double lane.

Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Edgar

• The ultimate
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 01:14:36 pm »
My English is not all that good. Was Elsenaar busy playing with his organ when he made the illegal u-turn......
Man has places in his heart which do not yet exist, and into them enters suffering in order that they may have existence.  Léon Bloy

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 01:27:11 pm »
I am not sure that I see the article as fair, especially in the last paragraph or two.  Look at this sentence, for instance:

"If a suspended sentence and a feature article in a national news website are the products of killing a motorcyclist, what chance does the system stand of changing for the better? What chance do other motorcyclists have of receiving due process?"

The suspended sentence was given by a court of law, after the facts of the case were argued.  Whether we agree with that, it is what it is.
How does the article in the national news about his organ building have anything to do with the crash and the sentence given? 
This is not a motorcycle thing.  Had this driver, cause the death of another car driver in that exact crash, the outcome is unlikely to have been different.

The writer almost seem to have a personal thing against the organ guy. As horrible as it is, and as stupid as he was making a u-turn there, it ultimately remain an unfortunate accident.

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline chicco

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Revolution or death........
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 01:33:52 pm »
My English is not all that good. Was Elsenaar busy playing with his organ when he made the illegal u-turn......

:laughing4:

KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 990, HONDA CRF 230, KTM 990S

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 01:38:18 pm »

:laughing4:

and that in turn caused the biker to see his........ :pot:

Offline lpj

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 05:31:43 pm »

The writer almost seem to have a personal thing against the organ guy. As horrible as it is, and as stupid as he was making a u-turn there, it ultimately remain an unfortunate accident.

I think she probably has some personal link to the victim. But the fact remains that the current implementation of our laws doesn't deter people taking potentially murderous actions.

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2019, 06:05:15 pm »

He did get sentenced... many never get a blot on their record. ::)
And to quote Shakespear... "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"  :sip:
Not a very good OP and the bias borders on libel. >:D