Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Australia.... Not Another one! The Island Saga  (Read 13851 times)

Offline Herklaas

• Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
Re: Australia.... Not Another one! The Island Saga
« Reply #260 on: October 18, 2019, 09:27:45 am »
I thought of you, @BOZO and @Maverick, when I found this near my bathroom last night.

This morning I threw my towel over the shower wall, turned on the water and stepped under it. When I turned around, a stealthy movement caught my eye. This one was crawling carefully up the towel and away from me, barely centimetres away. A chilly shudder went through me as I hastily shoo'ed it on its course up and out.

Now, I have no fear of spiders, but this was a bit too close for comfort, and reminded me of that scene from "Psycho" where instead of a knife, a spider flies at me.

:sip: Harmless rain spider.  :spitcoffee:
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.

Offline BigEd

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #261 on: October 18, 2019, 11:26:23 am »
:sip: Harmless rain spider.  :spitcoffee:

Maybe so, but my son will still burn down the whole street block....
81 XT500 (sold) 82 GPZ550 (sold)
04 XL650V Transalp (sold) 01 XL1000V Varadero (sold)
88 DR750s Dr Big (sold) 01 R1150GS BMW (sold)
84 XT600 Tenere 34L (sold)
?? Trek 6000 flippen martelpyp (current)

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #262 on: October 18, 2019, 12:14:01 pm »
:bueller: Jeez what a boring flippen place  :pot:

i agree,  but that's why they went there.   that's exactly what they want.

Offline BOZO

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #263 on: October 18, 2019, 10:34:49 pm »

Heads down.... shots fired....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"If you think anyone is sane you just don't know enough about them."— Christopher Moore (Practical Demonkeeping)
1150 GS, 1200 GSA, 125 KX, WR450  (all sold) :(
XT660Z

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
Australia.... Not Another one! The Island Saga
« Reply #264 on: October 20, 2019, 07:48:22 am »
Ok,, is it safe to continue?. :imaposer:

Our offspring have been playing club cricket, as there is no school cricket here, if you want to do a sport you need to join a club, which makes it interesting. Trenticles plays on a Friday evening and Spiderpig on a Saturday morning. As the Cricket season is draws to a close we will have Friday evenings and Saturday mornings available again. Not that we were doing much with that available time anyway, besides cleaning the house and washing clothes. I’m sure that Trenticles and Spiderpig will be doing some form of winter sport when the time arrives. The jury is still out on what the sport will be and who gets to pick it. Someone is in for a surprise when they find out that PlayStation is not a sport, LOL.
Back to the cricket: Following an indefinite technology ban during the week and compounded by Spiderpig’s unwillingness to participate in anything physical, it has been somewhat of a challenge to extract Spiderpig from his cave on a Saturday morning.  If it doesn’t involve a laptop, minesweeper, internet, YouTube or lying in bed, occasionally interrupted by trips to the kitchen or bathroom, it’s not going to happen.
Being the awesome parents that we are, we turn a blind eye to the hangdog walk, droopy shoulders and lower lip that extends out so far he could pull it over his head like a swimming cap. On the really bad mornings we even get a bit of a limp. We ignore all of that and motivate him in bright cheery voices. There are constant time updates from 7:30am with small chores to progress getting spiderpig ready. 
“Max, its 7:30 get dressed”
“Max, its 7:40 get dressed and have breakfast”
“Max, its 7:50 put your shoes on, and what about suntan lotion?”
For those of you that would like to learn something out of this, the key here, is to give short instructions, no more than two at a time. As you get closer to the time of departure, you could issue three instructions, but if that’s the case you should have started earlier. ANNNNYYYYWAYYY this goes on until about 8:15.
Then the orders/requests become a little more urgent and fire out every minute or so with reminders of future and past time updates.
“Max its 8:15, I asked you 5 minutes ago to brush your teeth, and make your bed, have you combed your hair?”
“Max its 8:17, have made your bed? And combed your hair? We are leaving in 3 minutes”
“Max its 8:19, I’m walking to the car hurry up, no I don’t care that you need to poo”
“Max its 8:25, are you finished having a poo?”
Eventually I wonder if I can get away with beating him in the car with a telephone book and a gum guard. (braces are expensive). We jump into the Silver Bullet and accelerate to a sedate law abiding 50km/h and merge into the taffis at a safe following distance to get to the cricket venue.
Every weekend, we manage to get to the game on time and unscathed. In addition to all of this weekly drama spiderpig actually enjoys it, and has had a pretty good season, with him taking quite a few wickets, some amazing catches and slowly getting pretty good at his batting. In the last game they played he was called into bat at 8th position. The fielding side were the typical chirpy Aussies we have come to expect, throwing sledges left right and centre. Spiderpig, kitted up in his hand-me-down cricket kit and pants that are a touch too long for him, walked onto the field. He looked like a kid walking to the principal’s office for 6 of the best. He was sweating and frazzled, his eyes were spinning in his head. This was not a place he wanted to be, entirely out of his comfort zone. The coach is shouting instructions from the side of the field, his teammates are giving him horns in their supportive aussie way, (go mate, hit the big ones maaaate, etc.) and one of them is doing a handstand in the background.
There is no showing the umpire a zap sign and looking for the middle stump, no drawing a line on the pitch with his takkie to show the bowler where the ball must go. He just steps up and he is in the firing line. The balls are coming at him in quick-fire succession…
This is no longer a game!!!! This is a fight for survival, he is getting peppered. This red cannon ball, this instrument of pain, is going to be leaving red marks everywhere. After facing 2 overs, that’s 12 133g high-powered red bullets ricocheting off the ground, he has made three boundaries. By the look on his face he has just survived round one of space invaders with a tennis ball and 6 Matric’s with nothing better to do.
His batting partner walks across the pitch and chats to him….
“hey mate, ya goin at a fair dinkim pace, looks like your batting above your average today”
Far be it for me to say but I could see the change in the young lad. All of a sardine he realizes that he is not dead. This insane sport that he’s forced to play weekly could actually be fun.
He stands up a bit straighter and looks down the pitch with what appears to be “aggression” and squares up to face his attacker. The ball screams down the pitch, bounces and goes directly for his head, spiderpig relies on his PlayStation honed reflexes and pulls the bat up to protect his head, the ball hits the middle of the bat and scuttles off between two dozing Aussies for another four….. His team mates are sitting in stunned silence, the coach is smiling, and the handstand candidate is now trying to do a cartwheel.
Ladies and Gents, now we have a game on our hands. Like Hussain Bolt, in front of a TV camera, Spiderpig is strutting round the pitch with his trusty ball beating machine. Nothing is going to stop him now. NOTHING……..
His batting partner, inspired by Spiderpig’s sudden stroke of talent, also wants in on this action and lobs the ball into the vicinity of mid-wicket, silly mid leg-side, close to the long off boundary night watchmen. It’s miss fielded and they are off on a mad 22m dash for the white line. Low and behold, Spiderpig realizes that he is not Hussain Bolt, well he could be, if it was not for all the pads and the heavy wooden stick that he has to carry. He gets to about 20m when this red cannonball screams passed him and removes his right to remain on the field. He looks at the umpire for that all too familiar finger showing him the directions to the shower. Well that doesn’t matter anymore, he is now a batting legend, he has made 18 runs, it’s a personal best. He looks like a Cheshire cat, it’s all braces encrusted teeth and cracked lips. I couldn’t have been more proud of that young whippersnapper. THAAATS MY BOY! Its days like this that make weeks of getting up early, running a manual clock and check list, worth it. Little does he know that we will be doing all over again next season. He he he. He is going to be sooooo pissed off.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 09:34:23 am by BOZO »
"If you think anyone is sane you just don't know enough about them."— Christopher Moore (Practical Demonkeeping)
XT660Z

The following users thanked this post: big oil

Offline BigEd

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #265 on: October 20, 2019, 08:17:24 am »
You may be proud of the young un!  :thumleft:

Love it. Sounds a lot like me at 13 when I started playing myself. No parents by my side though...good on you for being there.
81 XT500 (sold) 82 GPZ550 (sold)
04 XL650V Transalp (sold) 01 XL1000V Varadero (sold)
88 DR750s Dr Big (sold) 01 R1150GS BMW (sold)
84 XT600 Tenere 34L (sold)
?? Trek 6000 flippen martelpyp (current)

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #266 on: October 20, 2019, 08:23:37 am »
Whahaha! That was freaking hilarious!  :imaposer: Sprogs consist of 100% contradiction, love & hate, hope & despair, pride & disgust, etc.

The following users thanked this post: BOZO

Online Ri

• Bikermouse
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2019, 08:34:47 am »
 :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :imaposer:

Maaaan thanks for taking time to share this. It's the tiny revenges that keeps one going ;)
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Online big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #268 on: October 20, 2019, 06:29:35 pm »

:snorting:  :kermit: :la: :tearyeyed: :tearyeyed: :dummy :wave:

BOZO, don’t concern yourself with opinions from midget sheep with Short Mans Syndrome  :imaposer:

Awesome story about your boy playing a game I’ve not ever seen!

Thanks! It was like I was there, bra!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:42:10 pm by big oil »
I’m da Yooper, eh and I like to party...

The following users thanked this post: BOZO

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #269 on: October 21, 2019, 08:51:20 am »
But wait there’s more to this story. So much more…. ;)
We are walking back to the car and there is lots of back slapping and well done’s being passed around. Ice cold water and chips and dip are the order of the day to celebrate this momentous occasion. We jump in the car and start driving, only then do I notice a piece of paper under my windscreen wiper.
They say in life that every person has a place in the universe, some people are bullied at school, some are the bullies, some get over it and move on and some never do, those that can’t move on fester in a stage of seeking revenge and eventually find rewarding careers where they can get their own back.
Back on the Motherland those jobs are typically reserved for the slow moving government officials at home affairs and postal workers the worst kind being reserved for a special division called "Speed cops", you know the type, they sit lekker and bak ballas in the sun in their karkie pant and shirt, wif their shiny badges and their air of self-importance. The type to spot an innocent 9-year-old victim turning left at a stop sign without coming to a complete stop, they jump out and issue a fine, well that’s what it was like in the old days anyways, now they have moved on and its actually become quite a lucrative job, there is still a lot of ballas to be bakked, but, now it’s on the side of the hi-way with a laser pointer and an FNB bank bag to hold all the insta cash that gets pushed through a slit on the driver’s side window. It’s like having a travelling ATM with no card or pin number. Yes, I suppose there is some kind of effort involved where every now and again you have to put down your "sponsored" KFC and wave to a stop a car, but that’s only for the rookies, once you move up in the ranks and get your own office, all you have to do is close your office door in order to place the money into your bank bag, not for discretion mind you, it’s so that your work colleagues won’t get jealous of your day’s takings.
Here on the Island in the world of "officialdom" and being a government employee is different, being a law enforcement officer is a revered occupation.
Chances are still pretty good that you were probably bullied at school, or you just liked to dress up as a kid, or you are into guns and this is the only job where you can legally carry weapons. Here in the land of footy, kangaroos and koala bears being a Speed Cop (traffic law enforcement officer) is acceptable and people will even talk to you at a local BBQ. But even on the Island there is a special position for the inconsolable, revenge seeking miscreants: Metermaids, parking attendants, douche bags, scrotum face, call them whatever you want. We have them here too.
They sneak around in tarmac camouflaged clothing floating just below the surface, unnoticeable to the normal every day tax paying citizen. When they see the reverse lights illuminating from a car backing into a no parking zone, excitement and adrenalin quickens the pace of their hearts pumping the black molasses through their veins. They retreat into darkened driveways rubbing their hands in delight as they know they will be making some happy family very very sad that evening. Using their bat-like ears to pick up the soft thud of the door closing (clearly not a RENAULT, or LandRover) and the fading crunch of gravel underfoot as their victim walks away, their breathing quickens to a pace usually reserved for passionate moments. The “bleep bleep” of the car alarm reassures the owner that with that sound that their trusty, all be it not too pretty in my case, mode of transport is safe and will be there when they return, for the metermaid/pussbag this serves as a confirmation that the pre-printed ticket can be inserted under the windscreen wiper without being spotted. If cars had feelings I’m sure that it must feel like a blade being inserted under your fingernail, slowly, all the way up to the cuticle.
Like a ladyboy going for an extra tip, this lowlife-oxygen-stealing-life-form can suck the positive energy from your soul. This is the kind of person that pinches babies to make them cry and then blames it on the babysitter just to watch them squirm. These peanut encrusted turds walk among us as they emerge out of the shadows, meander up to the car, deface it with a ticket and disappear. Like a beer and biltong fart in a smoking room, they return back below the surface of the tarmac in search of another victim. 

While I was watching Spiderpig have a life changing moment on the sports field, my car was getting defaced with said piece of paper. I will be keeping this piece of paper, as it’s a very expensive piece of paper. My $155.00 parking ticket!!!! REALLY REALLY REALLY……… REALLY……. in Beer terms that’s 3 cases of beer on the island and 8 cases in South Africa. Fuck man!!!! On the bright side lucky I’m not smoking or drinking any more……

And finally check the picture below!!!
If I lose enough weight I will be able to wear my Blue Bulls supporters Jersey and call the other supporter on the island..
I’m sure by next time I write Wonder Woman will be even more successful, Spiderpig will have a sport selected that includes physical exertion and Trenticles will be looking flash like a rat with a gold tooth. :thumleft:
XT660Z

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #270 on: October 22, 2019, 08:42:19 pm »
In light of our earlier discussions about our friends with 8 legs.

XT660Z

Online Ri

• Bikermouse
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2019, 09:04:58 pm »
 :laughing4: :imaposer: Arachnophopia10
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #272 on: October 23, 2019, 02:38:59 am »
So this happened recently in Victoria (where I live)

https://7news.com.au/news/vic/fines-victoria-software-problem-may-leave-328m-hole-in-budget-c-517221

Issues merging Victoria’s court fines system with the centralised fines system has led to a delay in payments for more than 100,000 fines, adding up to hundreds of millions of dollars waiting to be paid to the Victorian government.

Reports estimate the amount of outstanding fines sits as high as $700m, with 120,000 fines going unpaid.

The issue stems from the system used by Fines Victoria, called View, which has been a problem since it launched at the end of 2017.

---------------------------------

if you do the math quick and then convert that to I donno ZAR at 10.01 to the $ you get..
$700 000 000 > R 7,006,475,700.00

Bet you eishkom and the rest would like that kind of cash injection into their coffers....  :imaposer:
XT660Z

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #273 on: October 26, 2019, 07:14:05 am »
Ok so I'm sure that you saw that I was quite upset at getting a parking ticket.
Money was tight and I was bitter.... Also I thought and actually still think that the Justice system is out of whack on the island.
For instance.
If you are driving around in a car that has no Paid up Rego. The fine is like $600 and probably some demerit points. Remember the Rego Costs $800.
Then on the news the other day some dude gets caught in a stolen car, he has drugs in his car (to sell) and he gets a $500 fine an six months suspended sentence.
I dont know its just insane.
Ok done, bitching session over.
oh wait one more thing....
So I went to the shop the other day with Trenticels, (17 years old)  we were buying bread milk and some other kak. At the till I asked the guy for a box of smokes.
here is the kicker....
Because Trenticels is under 18 he refused to serve me. I could not buy anything,...... I laughed at him and said. Really? he said yep, sorry pal. So I sent Trenticels out the shop.
Guess what... sorry for you no service. wont sell me anything.
 :dousing:

XT660Z

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #274 on: October 26, 2019, 07:27:19 am »
So, its March 2017 ALREADY!!! And lots of people are having Birthday parties. A special mention needs to go out to those that have crested the 40-year mark and are now on a swift downward slope to retirement, dementia, wobbly bits that point down instead of up and paying university fees. The ageing process has never really bothered me. I grew up in the 80’s where reaching 50 was considered an achievement. Now that I’m less than 10 years away from an age I was never supposed to get to. I have had to contemplate life and the answers that it dishes out now and again. Some of them being hard knocks and lessons learned. Depending on your disposition (sunny or not) you can let these lessons make you more cautious, become despondent, develop into a naysayer and even god forbid become bitter. Or you can be like the other people on social media sites like Facebook and post happy pictures, cute little sayings, and positive motivational notes. Kind of reminds me of the Mormons in Benoni ringing the gate bell on a Saturday morning just as I was opening an ICE Cold Castle Light preparing for the Rugby (light before 12, full strength after 12), asking for some time to save my life….LOL in retrospect I should have put pants on before I went out there to have a chinnywag with them….
So its edging towards a year on the island, and life’s lessons dished out have been hard and plenty. Sure not all have been bad, some have been great and rewarding, but this is not a Facebook post and for this section you can stick that motivational claptrap where the sun don’t shine. 
My feelings at the moment is summed up in this parable.
An elderly Mormon asked his doctor if he thought he'd live to be a hundred.
The doctor asked the man, "Do you smoke or drink?"
"No," he replied, "I've never done either."
"Do you gamble, drive fast cars, and fool around with women?" inquired the doctor.
"No, I've never done any of those things either."
"Well then," said the doctor, "what do you want to live to be a hundred for?"
Ok maybe its not that that bad but I had to find a Mormon Joke and this was close. Also getting to one hundred is not on the cards. Ever!
SHEEEEEWWWW WEEEEEEE deep hey???? Well the first bit anyway. Nobody wants to read that kak anyway…..So on the island I have gone mostly more than a month with no doping and no smoking. Just think I started smoking 20 years ago because of peer pressure and now I’m stopping because of peer pressure. I’m out there running every day (well almost) my “branawyn tan” is fading and my lungs are sucking in fresh crisp ocean air blown in directly from the Tasman Sea, charging my red blood cells with sweet oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide. Apparently my eyes have cleared from being bloodshot and my body is stronger than it’s been since Julie and Wonder Woman forced 14 other people walk for 5 days carrying a house on their backs. While all you gym bunnies out there are high fiving each other, giving that nod of approval to each other that says, well done china we have converted another one. The other people out there are reading this thinking “what the fuck?” In fact, those people (the normal ones) have gone back and are reading this paragraph again just to make sure they didn’t read it wrong.
Today there is no exciting story about Easter bunnies, no pictures of unicorns farting rainbows, no drunken cheers to the Bundaberg pirates and no XXXX beer jokes. Today I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel for some interesting to tell you.
Any story involving exercise, no beer and no smoking is without doubt going to be incredibly boring. Think about it……Have you ever been totally engrossed in a group discussion where a two oceans marathon runner takes you through the trials and tribulations of the preparations and build-up of getting to race day. And then yada yada yada yada yada yada……. Sorry I can’t go on, even thinking about its is boring.…...BUT.. Shorten that distance by say 99% add a fat flat footed sasquatch that can’t run and you are building up to the basics for an interesting tale of self-discovery and human suffering that will endure forever, in these pages anyway. I’m starting to feel like that Mormon joke.….My story has no “race day “ending, there is no medal to hang in the trophy cabinet next to the Scouts badges, there is only the narcissistic ramblings of a deteriorating mind.
AAANNNYYYYYWWWAAAYYYYYYY running does have its advantages. If we were like dogs, there would be more advantages for sure! Have you ever seen a dog go for a run? Have you seen how happy they are? I wondered the other day what they think about when they run. I’m sure Dog are like “Ooohh look a tree, ooh look another tree, Car, Car, Car, I need to piss on that pole. I need to shit. Ooohh look tree” and so on until they get back and they wait patiently until the next run.
When it comes to jogging, some people out there are the same I suppose, and that’s fine I’m happy for them.
When I run, it gives me time to myself to think about other stuff. Not stuff like a dog, that would be stupid!!. Me I’m different, I’m like. “Just make it to that lamppost!! Well done! Now make it to that next lamppost, don’t die here, is that an uphill? oh my god, eina my shins are sore, this was eaiser when I was 15, look at that tree, Car, Car, Car, I need to shit.”  And that’s only after the first 200m, after that I’m into a steady rhythm of hyperventilating, limping and moaning. Someday’s my body fights with me and refuses to sweat, others I sweat like a drug trafficker at Sydney international airport. Eventually I manage to hammer out about 5km in 40 minutes. Not very impressive I know, so now you gym bunnies can retract those premature high fives and reverse those nods of approval and save them for someone else. This 40-year-old body is going to take a loooong time to get to 5.5km. yep running is great I love it.!!!! On one of these mini marathons of human endurace while I was having a rest between lampposts a bus nearly ran me over and I saw this sign on side advertising “The Bodyguard the musical”.
This got me thinking about my High School plays and my potential budding career in acting. I scored a couple of roles in school plays, but alas, it seems there never was, or will be, a need for my acting gifts beyond those hallowed walls. I wanted to become the next Arnold Schwarzenegger, acting in a Si-Fi thriller about sentient robots battling to survive on the salt mines in Walvis Bay. Can you imagine the harsh conditions? The constant threat of rust? Man I would have been awesome, armed with 2 cans of WD40 helping the robots make it to the next dry season…...
As time passed I gained some weight (from 65kg topping of at 73kg) and I watched more action movies, Arnie was getting old and there were better, cooler people I wanted to be. I then believed that I looked like Bruce Willis in Die Hard, running barefoot over glass shards with reckless abandon, shooting bad guys called Hans Gruber and shouting “Yippie-Ki-Yay, Motherfucker!!!”
I suppose, looking back, I probably ended up looking like a combination of Angela Lansbury in “Murder she wrote” hammering away at an old royal typewriter and the fat man climbing a staircase from “Jake and the Fatman”.  Now take that imagery and add a Benoni accent bru!.
Oh well a man’s gotta dream…… I guess that’s why I’m a computer jerk now…..
XT660Z

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #275 on: October 26, 2019, 07:43:04 am »

So Back to The Bodyguard the Musical.
Did you know, The move came out in 1992. That’s 25 years ago…
25 years ago, South Africa flew under the old flag (just stating a fact) and the scope magazine still had stars on the models titties.
Even the thought of an inter-racial kiss on the big screen was mind blowing, forbidden, Skaandal, a cause for extra donations on Sundays.
But back at the ranch when no-one was around to judge, EVERYBODY wanted to see this shit go down. And I mean EVERYBODY. Ya even you!!! You know who you are!!!
As we have seen, Keven Costner never fully recovered from that movie and went on to act in movies like WaterWorld where he grew gills and learned to swim.
Before that he was Robin Hood.
I can’t say that this was a result of the movie but Witney Huston never really recovered from singing with a quivering bottom lip or over exaggerating almost every word in a song. 
Aaaannnnnndddddd iiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiii will alwayyyyyyyYYYYYYYyysssssSSSSSSssssssSSSS love yoooouuuuuuuUUUUUUUuuuuuUUUUUuuuuuuuUUUUUU
And I will never recover from her singing either, I have to drown that noise out with Metallica, Guns and Roses, AC DC.
Now 25 years later there is a new flag flying (again just stating a fact) and most of this stuff has become normalized, seeing inter-racial couples together is normal and life goes on…..
On the island, only second glances or comments that are made behind shielded hands are about matching tattoos, or who should be wearing the ear-rings. Nobody cares anymore.
So why? Why, I ask, are they now making a musical about a singer with a quivering lip and a dude that has gills????
All of this happened while I was resting at a lamppost. It was either a long rest or I think really really quickly!!!!
Like an itch that’s got to be scratched and won’t go away I developed a morbid curiosity about this "Musical" and I had to find out more.
So like all great researches in the 21st century I googled it..
True it’s not exciting like the four newly discovered Elements 113, 115, 117, and 118 officially named nihonium (Nh), moscovium (Mc), tennessine (Ts), and oganesson (Og) and their potential uses.
But like a wonderful shot of ice-cold Jose Quervo gold tequila, there it was. All the facts of the show lay before me.
It was like opening the correct volume and page of an Encyclopedia Britannica on the first go. what a rush... ok not as exciting as that but it was still pretty cool.
My Results showed me that they found, nonlook alikes of Kev and Wit or “gill” and “lip”, with some sort of talent.
I can tell you that “new Wit” can’t do the quivering bottom lip thing but she can do the whole shaking head thing that has the same effect.
Kev or “new gill” only made the poster and he does look a little wet, but don’t hold me to that, as he doesn’t really feature until the kiss part I suppose.
Chances are pretty good that I won’t be going to watch this musical so I can’t tell you if she gets shot this time around or if she gets to make out with Kev.
If you are interested know drop me a mail and I will ask around.
So to close off on this matter, On the island, we have Footy, Cricket, Rugby union, Rugby rules, Netball, Basketball, Barefoot bowls, even Quiddich and now we have a musical, called the bodyguard.
What next? Vampire Themed Dinner Parties?

So after this mammoth update I leave you with these words from Christopher Moore, You Suck

“Stop," I said. "Please do not further endorken yourself to me.
You have great hair and a car that is most fly, and you have just saved me with your mad ninja driving skills, so do not sully your heroic hottie image in my mind by further reciting your nerdy scholastic agenda.
Don't tell me what you're studying, Steve, tell me what's in your soul. What haunts you?"
And he was like, "Dude, you need to cut back on the caffeine.”
XT660Z

Online Ri

• Bikermouse
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #276 on: October 26, 2019, 11:57:04 am »
Whitney didn't do just the quivering lower lip: her whole lower jaw quivered along. How did she do that?

As a computer jerk, have you come across the writings of The Oatmeal?

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #277 on: October 26, 2019, 12:26:40 pm »
I have now. Thanks for pointing this out to me.
I love the bizarre and weird stuff. This is also right up my alley. Awesome.

XT660Z

Online Ri

• Bikermouse
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #278 on: October 26, 2019, 12:42:50 pm »
I have now. Thanks for pointing this out to me.
I love the bizarre and weird stuff. This is also right up my alley. Awesome.

Yup, I suspect it's a computer nerd thing :) Enjoy! The bit about running in Japan ("NOPE!") is my favourite, closely followed by one comparing his dogs to middle-aged men. He pitched a board game, Exploding Kittens, on a crowdfunding site, and it reached its target instantly and then overshot by many times.

Fascinating guy (and not nearly as fat as his comics would have you believe).

Offline silvrav

« Reply #279 on: October 28, 2019, 09:07:09 pm »
RE selling of smokes at the shop with underaged kids?

Yip same over here in NZ - if there is a kid of about 13 or older they cna refuse to sell you smokes or alcohol, even if it looks like you should be in a retirement home.

Most have learned you maar leave the older kids in the car :peepwall:

Alos @BOZO those blue balls hanging from the truck means something different this side of the world, you might want to google it (hint he most likely will have a "partner" and not a wife)