Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Australia.... Not Another one! The Island Saga  (Read 14116 times)

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
Re: Australia.... Not Another one! The Island Saga
« Reply #320 on: November 11, 2019, 12:51:03 pm »
You coming Chris? Lots of people have asked me about Australian tax. Do you want to see a real tax return? Bozo can tell you about rental.
Even on a tourist visa they'd just give me one look at the airport and put me back to SA on the same plane!! :deal: :lol8:
In 1986 myself and a friend who was cattle truck driving in Namibia could get work as drivers in the outback. Same trucks just bigger. Plans were made and just before we were supposed to start paying for plane tickets he pulled out and after a week or so myself too. I did not want to go by myself. Still pissed off with myself that i pulled out. I could have stayed and be used to flies by now!! ;) :lol8:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline BOZO

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #321 on: November 11, 2019, 09:34:47 pm »
Bozo how much is rent for the new house per month?
Rent is $2600 a month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"If you think anyone is sane you just don't know enough about them." Christopher Moore (Practical Demonkeeping)
1150 GS, 1200 GSA, 125 KX, WR450  (all sold) :(
XT660Z

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #322 on: November 11, 2019, 09:37:36 pm »
Do you also say........gaaaaaaarden.........ala Aussie style/accent  :imaposer:
:laughing4: nope I was so excited about having gaaaaaaaarden that I started calling it the outback.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 11:51:37 pm by BOZO »
"If you think anyone is sane you just don't know enough about them." Christopher Moore (Practical Demonkeeping)
XT660Z

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #323 on: November 12, 2019, 05:35:45 am »
Do you also say........gaaaaaaarden.........ala Aussie style/accent  :imaposer:
:laughing4: nope I was so excited about having gaaaaaaaarden that I started calling it the outback.

:imaposer:
Eat life!

Offline Ri

• Bikermouse
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #324 on: November 12, 2019, 06:34:26 am »
Even on a tourist visa they'd just give me one look at the airport and put me back to SA on the same plane!! :deal: :lol8:
In 1986 myself and a friend who was cattle truck driving in Namibia could get work as drivers in the outback. Same trucks just bigger. Plans were made and just before we were supposed to start paying for plane tickets he pulled out and after a week or so myself too. I did not want to go by myself. Still pissed off with myself that i pulled out. I could have stayed and be used to flies by now!! ;) :lol8:

What is the deal with flies? Are they a problem in NZ / Oz?
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #325 on: November 12, 2019, 09:28:33 am »

You try and eat/breathe anything in Alice Springs or the outback without covering your whole head and face you will be chowing flies and not flench flies  :biggrin:

You pretty much sit and sip your beer and eat you food under something like this

Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

The following users thanked this post: Ri

Offline IanTheTooth

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • The past is a foreign country
« Reply #326 on: November 12, 2019, 12:28:13 pm »
Ri: Yes. Maverick: pretty true

In Northern Queensland we have fly screen on the door and the windows and they are still a problem. There are no vultures or jackals here all carrion cow shit and roo shit is dealt with by flies. In the middle of summer if you go out of town on a bike the flies surround you as soon as you stop. I've realised it's because a hundred or so stay on the back of your jacket when you drive off.
The dog that caught the car. What now?

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #327 on: November 12, 2019, 12:35:46 pm »
Ri: Yes. Maverick: pretty true

In Northern Queensland we have fly screen on the door and the windows and they are still a problem. There are no vultures or jackals here all carrion cow shit and roo shit is dealt with by flies. In the middle of summer if you go out of town on a bike the flies surround you as soon as you stop. I've realised it's because a hundred or so stay on the back of your jacket when you drive off.
Main problem in Aus is they have no dung beatles and that is why they have so many flies. They have a breeding program with SA to get as many beatles in the wild in Aus.
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #328 on: November 12, 2019, 02:32:19 pm »
I backpacked through Oz in 1997 and camped in Ayers Rock site. Was incredibly excited about climbing Uluru - back then you were still allowed to go to the top - and remember sitting in the pool with a beer sweating at 6:00 in the morning with gazillion flies all over you. I very quickly paid the what ever $$$ one of those nets cost back then and made sure my tent was zipped up all the time.
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Online silvrav

« Reply #329 on: November 12, 2019, 09:16:45 pm »

NZ its certain parts only and mostly the southern and nothern areas of the islands. The bigger problem in NZ are the sandflies, mostly the west coast of New zealand.

It can get so bad that it looks like a big cloud that is flying around. If one bite syou, its about 5 x worse then a mozzie bite with some swelling and redness. Eventually your body does get use to it and its not as bad but it still itches like hell.

A model of a sandfly at the cafe on the West Coast.

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #330 on: November 12, 2019, 11:26:18 pm »
Its not just the flies that are a problem.
(diddent know that his was going to turn into what can eat you in AUS Thread but hey lets see how we go :imaposer: )

Reading this and having having recently visited the beach in 9 months in a weird 2 day warm spell, we returned home after spending only an hour on the sand due to the bugs, flies and bites we were getting.
I was reminded of this story that was on the news a while back where some kid got his feet chowed by flesh eating bugs.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/flesheating-bugs-at-brighton-beach-what-really-ate-sam-and-why-20170807-gxqsab.html

XT660Z

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #331 on: November 12, 2019, 11:28:01 pm »
Nasty bush fires near Sydney, lots of houses down. ;)
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Manic

• CE
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #332 on: November 13, 2019, 12:26:01 am »
When I looked at all the pics, I noticed its only white people everywhere in the pictures.
1250 HP GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #333 on: November 13, 2019, 05:41:54 am »
When I looked at all the pics, I noticed its only white people everywhere in the pictures.

there are australian australian's too.
they were murdered all the way into the outback so that the australians had beach frontage,  but australian australian's still exist.

Offline IanTheTooth

« Reply #334 on: November 13, 2019, 11:25:05 pm »
The things we are going to miss

When I went to pick up some things at Woolies in Queen Street Brisbane I absent mindedly pick up a packet of Nick Naks. When I went back and wanted to get some more I couldn't find them with the crisps. That's because they were in the South African section. This is what Woolies think you will miss. Having trouble getting this compressed picture upright.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 11:55:13 pm by IanTheTooth »

Offline Manic

• CE
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #335 on: November 13, 2019, 11:30:50 pm »
Kyk, as die mense nou al Cheese Curls moet uitvoer  vd Suid Afrikaners, dan wys dit jou net hoeveel mense het al gefokkof en daar is n mark daarvoor  :biggrin:
1250 HP GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Offline IanTheTooth

« Reply #336 on: November 13, 2019, 11:56:45 pm »
No taal on this thread. We're down under now.

Online silvrav

« Reply #337 on: November 14, 2019, 12:14:29 am »
haha and sometimes the things you get under the SA isle are things no South african has ever heard off  :patch:

Offline Manic

• CE
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #338 on: November 14, 2019, 10:33:44 pm »

Google translate dan maar soutie  :imaposer: :biggrin: :biggrin:
1250 HP GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #339 on: November 14, 2019, 10:40:18 pm »

Google translate dan maar soutie  :imaposer: :biggrin: :biggrin:
:laughing4: :laughing4:

I don't think you ever loose understanding the TAAL but reading it takes a little longer now days.
XT660Z