Australia.... The Island Saga...TwoOhTuTu

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOZO

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
I have started this thread late. By all accounts about 3 years late I suppose but after reading [member=13680]Mr Zog[/member] and [member=15384]silvrav[/member] threads I thought some of you may find this interesting. Also some people may want more info about this island.

Firstly some background as to how we got here.
We were sitting at home looking at the situation for our kids.
My eldest son of two was just going to go to High School and we were discussing their future when they leave school, the universities were busy being burned down and yada yada yada you know the story.
I had been passed up for promotion twice and eventually the owner of the company told me that I was never going to become a director as he needed his BBBEE points.... again yada yada yada you know the story. Don’t get me wrong, this is not a dig it’s just the reality of the situation.
I had just finished my Unisa Degree in Business management after 6 years of studying from 4:30am till 6:00am and feeing empowered we decided to investigate immigrating someplace.
We looked at the USA, Canada, UK, NZ and Aus. now when I say looked all we did was look.
I did the same as everyone else and emailed the standard "what’s the cost of living" there question to an ex colleague of mine based in Australia. Who instead of answering me with useful details about the weather, food and beer prices, said "Send me your CV we are looking for someone like you"
Things happened quickly after that and before you know it I was in Melbourne living in a flat with no furniture thinking WTF Just happened. My wife and kids were left behind to pack up everything and join me a month later.
To sum it up, I was completely unprepared for what this change in life and lifestyle  threw at me. My mind was in the wrong place and to be honest my heart was / is still in Africa but the decision to leave for my kids’s future is still the correct one.
Anyhoooo moving along
As a coping mechanism, I started writing letters to friends and family to tell them about the WTF moments and everything else in between Happy and Sad.

DISCLAIMER
I will paste  most of these verbatim as I wrote them, there may be some foul language and I make no apologies for it, my bad grammar and possibly my twisted outlook on life as it happens.
Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro