Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Australia.... The Island Saga  (Read 44191 times)

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
Re: Australia.... The Island Saga
« Reply #800 on: November 18, 2020, 11:26:37 am »
Absolutely classic!  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

The following users thanked this post: BOZO

Offline BigEd

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #801 on: November 18, 2020, 01:00:04 pm »
Do you have any trees left?
81 XT500 (sold) 82 GPZ550 (sold)
04 XL650V Transalp (sold) 01 XL1000V Varadero (sold)
88 DR750s Dr Big (sold) 01 R1150GS BMW (sold)
84 XT600 Tenere 34L (sold)
?? Trek 6000 flippen martelpyp (current)

Offline Grunder

« Reply #802 on: November 18, 2020, 02:24:04 pm »
Insane... I keep reading for the snot klap to come tree after tree after tree but still nothing... :o

Beat him at his own game...cut the rest down before he can  :pot:
NC700 F800GS

Offline BullFrog

• Bike: Honda XR650L
  • Previously Naartjie
« Reply #803 on: November 18, 2020, 04:24:35 pm »
Insane... I keep reading for the snot klap to come tree after tree after tree but still nothing... :o

Same here!!!

Better yet... Take the wheels off the Suzuki discreetly one night....
‘I just get up every morning and go out. And I don’t let the old man in,’ Clint Eastwood

Offline BOZO

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #804 on: November 18, 2020, 10:16:45 pm »
I think you need to work on your communication skills BOZO...

Obviously you didn't explain what needed to be done properly, and the poor kid is just trying his best to please you and do his bit for the home and the household.

You only have yourself to blame  :deal:

:pot: :pot: :pot: :peepwall: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

The next step in my communication methods will be to draw pictures and to spray paint the places that need to be cut.
Not even sure that will work.
 O0
"If you think anyone is sane you just don't know enough about them."— Christopher Moore (Practical Demonkeeping)
1150 GS, 1200 GSA, 125 KX, WR450  (all sold) :(
XT660Z

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #805 on: November 18, 2020, 10:27:01 pm »
What a story  :lol8:, but for some reason it reminds me of an episode of two and a half men, in which one of the Harper brothers, can't remember which, being all DIY minded is repeatedly exhorted to "Call The Guy".

But I guess I know the answer to that one, The Guy is probably moersa expensive. Besides, then there'd be no hilarious story to tell.  :imaposer:

One does not just call an Arborist to your house to fell a tree. Not unless you have a wad of unused cash laying around.  :o
All that PPE needs to be paid for somehow  :biggrin:
I'm a real scrooge when it comes to things like that... apparently to my own demise  :imaposer:
"If you think anyone is sane you just don't know enough about them."— Christopher Moore (Practical Demonkeeping)
XT660Z

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #806 on: November 18, 2020, 10:29:58 pm »
Do you have any trees left?

Yes there are 3 left..... Last night I was chatting to testicle and he recons that as soon as my back is fixed he will get onto them.
 :o
XT660Z

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #807 on: November 18, 2020, 10:35:09 pm »

Same here!!!

Better yet... Take the wheels off the Suzuki discreetly one night....

In an effort to teach him a lesson I drank all his beer while he was at work. The next step in my plan its to do it again....  :imaposer:
Yes its a weak effort but I'm sure an opportunity will eventually present itself.... (hold thumbs) 8)
XT660Z

The following users thanked this post: BullFrog

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #808 on: November 20, 2020, 06:15:28 am »
Short update.
There are a few things in life that I detest, one of those things that is at the top of my list, is filling in forms.
It’s so bad that a couple of years ago I bliksemmed off a ladder and broke my heel. I drove to the hospital and the lady at the front desk handed me the clipboard with the form to complete. I said to her that the hospital already has all my details and she can just look me up. HA, Sure, whatever!!
This unhelpful crone shook her head and told me sorry, something along the lines of its policy or something.
So I hobbled over to the seating area and began filling in the form. After making my third mistake on the form, I gave up and hobbled back the counter, returned the clipboard and told her I would rather die of pain than fill in the form.
Obviously she didn’t give a shit if I died or not so long as I was not doing it close to her work area.
That’s when I discovered the miracle drug that is voltaren, if you take enough of those the pain becomes bearable.
This “Form-Filling-in- Rebelliousness” thing that I have going has kept me out of hospitals, doctors rooms and any multitude of places that require this antiquated system.
Yes there will be people out there shaking their heads at me going “Just fill in the damn form!”
But, I know there are others out there that would agree with me. No need to own up, but you know who you are….
AAANNNNNNNNNNNYYYWWAAYYYYYYYYYYY
Lately with age, or living through the trauma of changing countries, I have become a bit lackadaisical in my standpoints and I actually don’t care if they can read my handwriting or not. The way I see it is, if they can’t read my address then they can’t send the bill. If I make a mistake I just scribble it out and keep going.
Sometimes it’s so bad that the form looks like a three year old was practicing drawing stick figures inside the little blocks. Anyway screw it! Enough about that.

I’m sure you will remember I mentioned in my earlier post about my back giving me agony.....
For reasons mentioned above I have never been to a chiropractor before.
A week and a half after the Trenticles tree debacle, I was finding it difficult to move, the pain was so intense that I eventually caved in and called a guy.
He took one look at the form, squinted, and proceeded to ask me for my details that he entered into his computer system. (this just re-enforces my point)
I answered questions about previous injuries like broken bones etc.. which he listened to attentively and nodded at all the correct intervals.
After I finished my list of multiple bike related offs, he paused, looked me up and down, and I think he was thinking that for someone that spent so much time picking up a bike, it should be illegal for me to own one.
Shortly after disrobing and bending this way and that, he gave me a lesson on the spine, the bones, how they work, with all the bits and bobs that are important he then took his pen and pointed to where my problem was.
I knew he was serous because he was using a ball point pen to do the pointing and he was holding the model of the spine like an angler standing next to a fish posing for a picture.
Obviously this chap was a professional so he just sighed internally, rubbed his hands together like a Turkish carpet dealer and said “Mate, this is going to take a couple sessions”.
The glint in his eye told me that this was not going to be a cheap exercise and I could hear the hidden $ bills in my pocket release themselves with gusto from my tightly closed wallet and waft slowly to the ground.
I had to read and sign a piece of paper that said if he cricks me and I cant walk it’s not his fault but the chances of that happening were “minimal”
I was only to happy to sign it as all I wanted was some relief from the pain.
 He made me lay down on the table, and proceeded to give me a lekker massage. Not the kind of back rub you give the mussis when you are trying to get lucky, but more of a mano-al-mono back rub.
Just when i thought he was going to take me to my happy place he stopped and asked me to lay on my side. Without warning he suddenly manhandled me like a young waitress trying to manhandle a cork out of a wine bottle.
There was cracking and creaking in areas that places that I’m not sure are supposed to make those king of noises.
The relief was instantaneous, the ability to stand up straight in under a minute had been restored and I was happy to pay my new best friend.
I’m happy to report that I have my last session in two days’ time and should be able to resume my plans for revenge on mullet boy.

XT660Z

Offline Crankshaft

• Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
« Reply #809 on: November 20, 2020, 07:58:04 am »
 :laughing4: :laughing4: :deal: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :spitcoffee:
KDX 200, YFZ 450, YZ 250F, YZ 450F, WR 450F, R1200GS LC, R1200GS ADV LC, 2nd R1200GS ADV LC
Current: WR 450F & KTM 1290 Sup Adv R

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #810 on: November 20, 2020, 09:54:50 am »
Form filling, oh jeez I've always hated it, mainly because my handwriting really is the worst. But in recent years I've found an excuse, even a solution.

I have a bit of arthritis in my thumb/hand joint. It's bugger all really, but I can make a big deal of it. ;) Show them the slight swelling and tell them how painful and difficult I'm finding it to write and more often than not they will end up doing the filling in for me. People can be very sympathetic when you know how to put on an act.  :biggrin:
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

Still Here - amazed and lucky.

Offline Ri

« Reply #811 on: November 20, 2020, 10:08:11 am »

[snip]
After I finished my list of multiple bike related offs, he paused, looked me up and down, and I think he was thinking that for someone that spent so much time picking up a bike, it should be illegal for me to own one.
[snip]

:laughing4: My whole adventure riding endeavour summed up in a single sentence :imaposer:

Glad you got your back sorted. :thumleft:

Online ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #812 on: November 20, 2020, 10:10:43 am »
 a bit lackadaisical i

Did you make that word up?!!! :o
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #813 on: November 20, 2020, 10:34:37 am »
a bit lackadaisical i

I think it's a valid word, but not too sure about the spelling.  :-\
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

Still Here - amazed and lucky.

Offline Lord Knormoer

• Knight Kevlar: Order of the Alu Pannier
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #814 on: November 20, 2020, 10:56:31 am »
a bit lackadaisical i

Online ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #815 on: November 20, 2020, 10:58:21 am »
carelessly lazy..............................................................................why does he have to describe me!! ;) :peepwall: :lol8:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #816 on: November 20, 2020, 11:21:30 pm »
a bit lackadaisical i

Ha ha,  what? Me make up a word? Never
Just remember to use it in your next conversation with your mates.
Imagine the awe on their faces

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
XT660Z

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #817 on: November 21, 2020, 04:43:37 pm »
 :peepwall:
This is not life or death. It is an internet forum.

Offline BOZO

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #818 on: November 23, 2020, 12:45:45 am »
With all this covid going on, one forgets that there was other drama earlier in the year, coincidentally I heard on the news as I left on Saturday, it was the one year anniversary of the bushfires that burned for 98 days destroying millions of acres of land.
Most of the Fires had burned north of the area I was going but they had been through the state park, but more about that later.
When I’m touring one of the things that really enjoy are passing through small towns, maybe it reminds me of a past life, maybe it’s because it’s a small community that people are just nicer. All I know is one day when I win the lotto, I’m moving to one of these small towns.
For some reason while touring through these places I got a sense that something was different, almost like there was a sadness in the air. Town after town had for sale signs in the windows, hotels (pubs), camping shops, restaurants were closed.
With covid pretty much closing off regional Victoria from Melbourne. The life blood that feeds theses small towns had essentially been cut off. Its was a sad and sobering thing to see and experience.
My plan was to stop in at the Rosedale Tavern, have a feed and a cold beer, but it was not to be, even my favourite pub was now shut down.

In the State park there are 2 campgrounds, Harriers swamp and holey hill, I had stayed at holey hill before so was planning to stay at the other, but when I go there it was closed with police tape, apparently there was a danger of trees falling over in the wind and some other stuff.
No Issues, I drove around looking at the regrowth after the fires, it was a little dystopian, very little animal life, hardly any mozzies and flies. But there was some bird life and I did see one Roo at the entrance (the fire had not been thee).
After a little 4x4ing in the loose sand I made my way to the camp site expecting it to be deserted or closed. I rounded the final corner to see a group of about 20 young adults camping together. 
We eyed each other out and gave that friendly nod that you give a stranger.
I setup camp for the night, collected some wood for my ambient fire and sat down for ice cold beer.
Whilst I was zoning out staring into the flames I heard a
“hey, how you going?”
I turned to see not one, but four of these young Aussie’s standing next to me. They are all holding a pile of wood each.
The one bloke says.
“It gets a touch chilly here at night so we thought you may need some more wood”
They placed it next to my fire, we chatted for a few minutes, then they wished me well and left.
WOW, that’s the first time in four years that I have experienced that mythical Aussie Hospitality people have spoken about.
Hopefully one day I can return the favour to someone else.

XT660Z

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #819 on: November 25, 2020, 04:34:57 pm »
This is great reading!
This is not life or death. It is an internet forum.

The following users thanked this post: BOZO