BIKE CLEANING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
If you are like me, you wash and clean your own bike or bikes , I have been doing mine since my first bike in 1981 , and haven't stopped . like clean bikes . May be A BIT ocd  about it , I take my micro fiber clothes with on every trip , and clean my bike after every ride .
We did a 1000 km trip over this past long weekend , most of it in wet misty rain conditions , bike got very muddy , but is now clean again.
The jest of this post is that often owners use products that is supposed to work but then leave less than desired results . and sometimes stains on ally parts .This got me to share some titbits , for cleaning soap and water works best , I use a car shampoo  , sunlight liquid and in some occasions handy Andy . and to polish MR MIN .
While in Sabie over the weekend one of the guys their was cleaning his bike before a ride , lubing chains and just doing general checks . I saw that he had a can of " SHIELD TOOL IN A CAN" spray, he used this to clean his rim , wipe off excess chain-lube , Must say I was impressed by the job the spray oil did , On return I had to clean my Suz 1000 , and this stuff did a great job on removing the chain wax from my rear rim , also used it on the swing arm , cleaned very well .
so if you clean your own bike add a can of TOOL IN A CAN to your cleaning kit , use it the wipe on the frame , make the black stand out nice and for some reason does not attract lots of dust .
IN MY KIT
CAR SHAMPOO 
SUNLIGHT LIQUID
HANDY ANDY
MR MIN
AND now TOOL IN A CAN .