Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Battle Valleys 2019  (Read 135 times)

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
    • A Stone's Throw Bed & Breakfast
Battle Valleys 2019
« on: August 15, 2019, 12:07:37 pm »
The 2nd running of this Extreme enduro took place once again at Trennerys in the Transkei
The event was really well organised and I was super impressed at how smoothly it all ran (BigDoms son Josh was part of the team :thumleft:)
I took my son and his young mate to ride and of course my CRF450 had to go along as well :biggrin:
The weather really spoilt us and I was also very chuffed to see that the Hotel is in pristine condition and the catering top notch
The entrants were given 3 x options, Bronze,Silver or Gold and could choose as they rode. This is a two day event with the Prologue running Friday and the main race on Saturday
Lil Edgy decided he was riding Bronze and did a brilliant job winning the class :thumleft:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
Re: Battle Valleys 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 12:11:04 pm »
Awesome Hard Enduro stuff
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 12:58:10 pm »
Congratulations on little Edgy's achievement!

If you choose which grade to ride, while you ride, how do they keep tabs on which route riders took?

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 02:56:11 pm »
We do live in a paradise
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 02:57:49 pm »
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 03:06:42 pm »
Danie they have a very clever format whereby from the start every rider rides a Bronze loop which ends at the DSP/refuel point, Bronze riders then ride the Bronze route home. Silver riders ride a Silver loop finishing at the same DSP and then have 3 choices....Bronze route home(Bronze finish) Silver route home or Gold route home. Each route has a marshal somewhere along the way that ties a certain color cable tie on the handlebars proving which route was completed.
Very good system with the only exception IMO is that a Bronze guy winning could suddenly be 2nd or 3rd when a Silver competitor drops a class 
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 03:09:17 pm »
 :biggrin:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 03:09:24 pm »
What a.place to race  :thumleft:Beautiful ......but very tough in sections - one of our favourite hangouts.Good on your son's class win.