510 SMR project. Cooling system? pg2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadhawg

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Guys.  Might need some advice on a couple things with this little bike.

My buddy bought this 510 SMR a while back for next to nothing.  From memory the CDI or whatever was fried. Another friend was running a bike shop at the time and sorted it all out for him, including a new head gasket.

He rode it a couple times but it's been sitting for ages, seemingly outdoors. He has asked me to get it sorted for him, and I can ride it whenever I want which is cool. He's also heading to the states early next year, and says I can "inherit" it when he goes.

Picked it up yesterday and got it started this morning. Oil level  and coolant level was fine so I let it run a bit and it seems to be good there. I'm sure I'll pick up little things along the way but so far:

- No rear brakes. The fluid in the reservoir is very low and the dust boot on the master cylinder piston was a bit wet, so I figure it's leaking. What are the chances I get away with just adding new fluid and bleeding? 
It's a Brembo master, are their rebuild kits for these?

- Missing 3 spokes on the rear wheel. How I have no idea. A bunch of the spoke nipples, front and rear, are a bit corroded....how bad is this? I Have never had a dirt bike or anythung like this so I don't know much about it.
Will I have to buy spokes for an entire wheel or can I just replace the 3?

Gonna change the oil and filter anyway, just because it's been sitting. I know these things are pretty highly strung?
It's still the older carb version.  Is there any "uncorking" procedure for these things?  Any pipes from other bikes that'll fit?
9qseJMo.jpg

Swbh67K.jpg