Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Debate from Ride Report about Eco impact  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Kelevra

Re: Debate from Ride Report about Eco impact
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2019, 12:43:16 pm »
Its all about dynamic efficiency and inter-temporal fairness, in the end the average human is a selfish parasite!
Previous:
Suzuki DR 600 KTM 640 ADV  KTM 530 XCRW KTM 530 EXC Ducati 748 Ducati 1098 KTM 690
Current:
Honda XR 200R  KTM 990 ADV R

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2019, 05:00:32 pm »
If this area where these riders ventured is so special, why isn't it designated a national park, as what you're describing to me, sounds similar to White Sands National Park in Alamogordo, NM or Joshua Tree National Park near Palm Desert, CA or Petrified Forest National Park in AZ?

I also agree debates need to occur, although let's have realistic debate.  What am I missing here?  People tromp and ride all over Silver Lake Sand Dunes here in my state, yet the winds return the sand to normal, just as the wind does at White Sands pic'd below.  Why is this such a problem that tracks are left in what I'm envisioning as an enormous desert?

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2019, 07:32:08 pm »
With your KTM, BigOil, leaving used engine oil deposits are the danger. :pot:

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2019, 08:33:07 pm »
What am I missing here?  People tromp and ride all over Silver Lake Sand Dunes here in my state, yet the winds return the sand to normal, just as the wind does at White Sands pic'd below.  Why is this such a problem that tracks are left in what I'm envisioning as an enormous desert?

San dunes in Namibia are normally not a problem. As you say the wind return it to normal overnight.
But in between the dunes you get areas that are more sensitive. More like mountains or hardened sand and if you drive over it the tracks remain there for ages.
The other issue is vegetation struggle to grow or take ages to grow and can be removed in the blink of an eye by vehicles.

The following users thanked this post: lone riderer

Offline KaTooMatt

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2019, 04:02:21 pm »
He is returning some for the next generation to find. You have to spread the largesse.... :ricky:
"These are not machines for the meek. Ride it like you stole it, cane it within an inch of its life. It will require a bunch of maintenance and generally tend to be, shall we say, harsh? It was bred for racing, after all. It will devour rear tires and its lust for fuel will astound you. It will suffer indifference and carelessness very poorly. Like heroin and Asian girls, it's not for everybody, but when you absolutely, positively, GOTS to beat every m*****f****** in the race, accept no substitu

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2019, 04:13:07 pm »
He is returning some for the next generation to find. You have to spread the largesse.... :ricky:

LandRover has the mandate here. :pot:

Offline ktmmer

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2019, 04:19:37 pm »

LandRover has the mandate here. :po

Land rover is the most environmentally friendly vehicle around .  They put the oil back into the ground !!.

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2019, 04:26:39 pm »

LandRover has the mandate here. :po

Land rover is the most environmentally friendly vehicle around .  They put the oil back into the ground !!.

:imaposer: :imaposer: