Bipolar KTM Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blikkies1

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
It was less than a week ago that I declared my undying love for my 990 on here and now I'm pissed off again - fuming! Not with the bike however but KTMSA. Rant on - I spent R10k on a new immobiliser and key set because the only key I had decoded itself, only 4 days of having the spare key comfort and half the key flies out of the ignition and into my lap, half of the key was stuck in the ignition but bike was still running, I ride to KTM to assist but they point me to a locksmith who removed the half key, no problem - I get my laaitie to bring my new spare which ended up not being programmed, the locksmith removed the half key and helped me for about an hour to figure out the coding process after my boy went back and got the master coding key, the locksmith says that the broken key is a common problem due to rushed heating of brass. I went back to KTM CT who put in a claim for the key which has been denied by KTMSA, fuck these guys man, I just spent R10k and they want to be nice and offer me a 20% discount on a new R2k key, they can go fuck themselves.
I have mailed KTMSA about issues on various bikes in the past and am yet to receive a reply, what is my recourse here, I need to escalate this beyond KTMSA? Rant off.