1190 tire question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I am due for a new set of tire on my 1190 , last set fitted was Metzeler tourance , and I got around the 15k kilos on them , not bad as most of the riding was two up with top box and panniers touring . Only gripe I have is on dirt they suck , or I suck , not sure .
Last long weekend we rode up to Magoebas kloof via Dullstroom and Sabie , wet weekend , encountered bad mist on long-tom pass. Part of our plan was to stop at Hobbs hollow for lunch , on turning off the main road onto the dirt , the front tire washed a bit , scary moment , but I managed to save the day. On our way home , dry tarmac , we made a pit-stop a Toeka just outside Bela Bela , parking lot is a gravel , patch , again the front felt loose , no grip . makes the ass bite the seat and So bitch as she get a skrik thinking we going to kiss mother earth .
Most of my riding is tar , but dont want to have the bad feeling when one has to ride a bit of dirt. So do i take the knock on mileage and fit Karoo 3s ? or maybe the Pirelli MTR? something a bit more nobly ? Personally I am keen to take a chance on a set of nobbies