MiWay woes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
I insured the KTM through MiWay because Santam underwrites them, and they are very affordable.
I am yet to claim from them, but on two occasions interactions were less than smooth.

The first time they terminated cover for theft because a tracker was not installed on time. They could not furnish me with enough info on supplier pricing to make an informed decision.

A few weeks ago I bought a bike trailer in Sasolburg and contracted bike movers to tow it to Cape Town. Anything on the road should be insured - who bears the cost should the trailer cause damage to another vehicle?
Miway was willing to insure, BUT the trailer had to presented to a verification center within 48 hours. "I will do so as soon as the trailer is here, but I will only have it in a week. Can you grant an extension until it is in my possession? It is my property, so I need to take the responsibility". "No" was the blunt answer from the operator and her supervisor.

So I had to search for another insurer. My car insurer gladly insured the trailer with immediate effect.

MiWay has lost my business, and the fact that I am writing here is not helping them to find new business.