GARAGE QUEEN or ADVENTURE SLUT , MAYBE JUST FOR THE IMAGE/STATUS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Over my 40 odd years of riding bikes I have done many 1000 of kilometers , Today I still commute by bike everyday . Now I have at one stage owned a Garage queen , my K6 GSXR1000 parked in the garage for close on 10 years and was seldom used , but in its defense I was still riding a bike , these days its my daily ride and my 1190 is being used for touring and weekend trips .
Why ask this question , often one sees a bike advert ," FOR SALE LOW KILOS ' Why buy a bike and then park it ?
Now I bought my 1190 in December 2017 , was a 2014 model had 12000ks on it with lots of extras , good deal for me , but 12000 ks in 3 years work out to about 350 ks a month ,thats a breakfast run a month maybe .
What is the feeling out their these days with bikes costing close to 300 k  , I fondly remember when the FJ 1100 had a price tag of just over R6500.00 and buyers said these bikes will never sell , paid 8K for my first GSXR 750 , was a lot of money in 87 , bought many more bikes , pity I could not have kept them all . but such is life .
I have a serious itch to add a 1290 Super duke to my stable , just cant justify it , but just maybe Santa is nice and a Super duke can fill a xmas stocking , just maybe .