Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: *** Sorted *** Advice for a new Lady Rider...?  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Zanie

Re: Advice for a new Lady Rider...?
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2019, 04:36:08 pm »
There is something else that comes to mind. Zanie had Lance. You would go a long way before you find a riding partner that is more patient, and more willing to adapt than this guy.

I count myself incredibly lucky in this regard. I haven't seen any other guy that can sit at the speed limit for an entire Cape Town-to-Namibia border ride, as we did on a southern Namibia trip when I was on my 650. I love Lance's riding style: there's usually no destination in mind, just a wandering down all the little roads he can find. And we're usually just the two of us; sometimes with another couple. This doesn't suit many, but the low-speed explore is great. I've counted where we back-tracked 20-odd times in one day due to dead-ends, locked gates, etc. The places I've seen...  ;D

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Advice for a new Lady Rider...?
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2019, 05:48:49 pm »
Well thanks for all the input and advice.......... seems Bike Bros had really good salestalk and Gail became the proud owner of.... this beauty !

"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline JIMMI

Re: *** Sorted *** Advice for a new Lady Rider...?
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2019, 06:49:29 pm »
Congrats and hope you have many enjoyable and safe miles/smiles.

May the best of today be the worst of tomorrow.
In the garage.
BMW R1150GS, BMW R80