Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: New Bridgstone adventure tire fitted  (Read 300 times)

Offline hiltonph

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • :( BAD COMPANY :(
New Bridgstone adventure tire fitted
« on: August 28, 2019, 06:55:36 am »
Well i was fortunate enough to get the new bridgstone ax41 adventure tyre in ktm size. Anyone on here that also has one fitted? I like trying new tires so will give some feedback once we have done some mileage on the tire. They look good and will handle the gravel well. Will see what it does on the blacktop. 8)
Ride it like you stole it... Wait What????

Kawasaki KLR650 / Honda varadero xl 1000v/ BMW r1100s / Aprilia Caponord etv 1000 / KTM 1190 ADV R

Offline chicco

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Revolution or death........
Re: New Bridgstone adventure tire fitted
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 07:21:47 am »
Did you fit front and back? 150/70/18 back and 90/90/21 front?
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 990, HONDA CRF 230, KTM 990S

Offline hiltonph

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 09:39:23 am »
Did you fit front and back? 150/70/18 back and 90/90/21 front?

I have only fitted the the 150-70-18 rear. For some strange reason the front last much longer than the rear ??? Currently running a anlas capra x on the front.

Kawasaki KLR650 / Honda varadero xl 1000v/ BMW r1100s / Aprilia Caponord etv 1000 / KTM 1190 ADV R

Offline Evilkinevil

• Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 09:57:50 am »
How many km did you get out of the capra. How do u find the tire. I would like to fit the capra or ax41 or the motoz tractionator.

Offline hiltonph

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 07:10:21 am »
How many km did you get out of the capra. How do u find the tire. I would like to fit the capra or ax41 or the motoz tractionator.

I have had 3 sets on my 1190. The grip offroad is fantastic and and the tar you can scrape pegs. I ride fairly hard and cant complain for what ive paid for them and what they offer. its great in mud and sand and you know exactly where the grip is. Mileage out the rear is between 3-4.5k. Less if you really thrash it. It takes alot of punishment.. Bike gear.co.za has a special runnning on them for R2350 a set plus odd R150 for delivery to your door. I dont mind the mileage im getting a im getting the best tyre for what i like doing. I want to go fast on the gravel and the tar and these tyres take it weekend after weekend. They are planted on tar and you know where your front grip is.They do not have a humming noise on tar either. On gravel i like to steer with the rear wheel and you know where the rear is when it steps out.   I have already bought another set but was just curios about the new bridgestone. I dont think i will fit anything else again. The speed rating on the capra is also 190kph where on the bridgestone is 160kph. So already its down one on my favorite tyres. Will have to see if it grips and handles the tar as good as the capras do. I run the pressure tar and offroad the same at 1.8/2 bar front and 2.3/2.4 rear. The capras have a very thick sidewall so the are strong and can take punishment.

Offline Rexc-w

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 12:20:59 pm »
Any feedback on this AX-41 yet?
Rex
(KTM 1190 Adv R - 2013, KTM 300 XCW - 2016, Specialized Epic S-Works)

Online m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 12:53:12 pm »

I have had 3 sets on my 1190. The grip offroad is fantastic and and the tar you can scrape pegs. I ride fairly hard and cant complain for what ive paid for them and what they offer. its great in mud and sand and you know exactly where the grip is. Mileage out the rear is between 3-4.5k. Less if you really thrash it. It takes alot of punishment.. Bike gear.co.za has a special runnning on them for R2350 a set plus odd R150 for delivery to your door. I dont mind the mileage im getting a im getting the best tyre for what i like doing. I want to go fast on the gravel and the tar and these tyres take it weekend after weekend. They are planted on tar and you know where your front grip is.They do not have a humming noise on tar either. On gravel i like to steer with the rear wheel and you know where the rear is when it steps out.   I have already bought another set but was just curios about the new bridgestone. I dont think i will fit anything else again. The speed rating on the capra is also 190kph where on the bridgestone is 160kph. So already its down one on my favorite tyres. Will have to see if it grips and handles the tar as good as the capras do. I run the pressure tar and offroad the same at 1.8/2 bar front and 2.3/2.4 rear. The capras have a very thick sidewall so the are strong and can take punishment.

I agree with this
makes me wonder why I am such a sucker for punishment, I have since paid a lot more for different tyres and only had issues on issues.
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

The following users thanked this post: hiltonph

Offline hiltonph

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 04:49:16 pm »

I agree with this
makes me wonder why I am such a sucker for punishment, I have since paid a lot more for different tyres and only had issues on issues.

My arse get a itch for something new now and again and like you mention it usually ends not like i imagined. Im sticking with what i know works for me now.

The bridgstone has done the canola run and was riding upfront with the plastics all day. Its slippery on rocks and soon as you give it a poke its spins through the rock and when its gets to the hard stuff it grips so violently it picks up the front wheel giving you a unexpected standing wheely leaving you arse to chew holes in the seat van die skrik! I have not done much tar mileage but seems planted on tar. The tire does not show significant wear after the canolas thrashing. I will keep the updates coming. Doing a trip this weekend in and around the cederberg area so will test it on the roads i know well.

The following users thanked this post: m0lt3n