Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Dwerg down  (Read 14374 times)

Welsh and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline OomD

Re: Dwerg down
« Reply #500 on: September 12, 2019, 07:46:20 am »
The way you guys ride I thought we would see metal parts inside there, ala Terminator. :ricky: Glad to see you guys are human like us. :biggrin:

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #501 on: September 12, 2019, 07:50:45 am »
The way you guys ride I thought we would see metal parts inside there, ala Terminator. :ricky: Glad to see you guys are human like us. :biggrin:

And the tradition after a big crash is to go do a big race so wonít be slowing down either
KTM 690R, 790ADV

The following users thanked this post: OomD

Offline dookie

• The last Avatar Meatbender.
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • PlastiDip is Cool.
« Reply #502 on: September 12, 2019, 08:24:29 am »
Jy vorder goed Midjit.

Kan/ mag ek al vir jou 'n bier bring ?

Offline Wild Hearted Son

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
  • Sandton
« Reply #503 on: September 12, 2019, 08:34:56 am »
Well that strangely kind of brings me to a point nobody ever mentions: The strain something like this puts on a relationship is bloody HUGE. Both parties go through completely polar opposite traumatising events. One deals with a near death experience, the physical truama and re-evaluation what/who really matters, the other deals with almost losing a partner and testing their support structures to the extreme.

It can be hard to be sympathetic to what the other is going through and at the same time not resent them for being more sympathetic to your own plight, which ever side you are sitting on. I dare say a relationship that survives something like this is going to go full distance.

Anyway, I took myself off morphine a few days ago and Iíve been ever so slightly emotional since. Does it show?

Well done for putting this out here.

We forget , cocooned in the hospital,   that our loved ones are having to cope out there in the real world without us.
Another big adjustment is when you get home again after several months away .

Good luck to you.
"...I was born to the city
But I longed to roam free..." - The Cult, Wild Hearted Son, 1991

www.harleyparts.online

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #504 on: September 12, 2019, 08:46:25 am »
Jy vorder goed Midjit.

Kan/ mag ek al vir jou 'n bier bring ?

Jis bier sal lekker wees maar hulle is maar streng hier in ICU plus daars 24/7 Ďn persoonlike nurse by jou bed

Ek kan nie wag vir daai eerste dik vet sirloin met Ďn lekker red ale nie!
KTM 690R, 790ADV

Offline Buff

« Reply #505 on: September 12, 2019, 08:57:59 am »
Very valid post regarding the family stress, it places huge strain on a marriage especially if young kids are involved because the spouse now has to cover both rolls and still find the time to travel to he hospital at night, with the kids because finding babysitters every night is impossible. Not a lekka situation and it put me on a guilt trip a few times but that's what marriage is all about, it's a give and take. Next time it might be your turn to do the running about and playing doctor. It's a motivation to get better and back home because that does help with logistics although you'll miss the nurses at first.

Sterkte bra, one day closer to going home :thumleft:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #506 on: September 12, 2019, 10:37:28 am »
And then there's work - Dwerg being in IT (if I remember correctly) and possibly in the middle of a project.
Eat life!

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #507 on: September 12, 2019, 11:20:08 am »
And then there's work - Dwerg being in IT (if I remember correctly) and possibly in the middle of a project.

I was two weeks away from taking a key project into production which several of our products leverage. Not to mention my accident last year. Iím on unpaid leave ar this stage. At least I can work from home because doctor recons at least 6-8 weeks before heíll clear me to go back to the office
KTM 690R, 790ADV

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #508 on: September 12, 2019, 11:43:29 am »

I was two weeks away from taking a key project into production which several of our products leverage. Not to mention my accident last year. Iím on unpaid leave ar this stage. At least I can work from home because doctor recons at least 6-8 weeks before heíll clear me to go back to the office

Ai - I know all about projects and the impact something like this can have on it. Wishing you all the best. Unpaid leave - are you a contractor?
Eat life!

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #509 on: September 12, 2019, 11:47:04 am »

Ai - I know all about projects and the impact something like this can have on it. Wishing you all the best. Unpaid leave - are you a contractor?

No but Iíve now exhuasted my sick leave between this and last years accident
KTM 690R, 790ADV

The following users thanked this post: TeeJay

Offline Dwerg

Dwerg down
« Reply #510 on: September 12, 2019, 11:55:36 am »
Oh and I felt the sun for the first time in 15 days. Managed to walk all the way to the hospital entrance and just enjoyed being outside for a couple of minutes

Modern medicine incredible if you think I had a broken hip and femur two weeks ago
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 11:58:30 am by Dwerg »
KTM 690R, 790ADV

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #511 on: September 12, 2019, 12:06:22 pm »
Oh and I felt the sun for the first time in 15 days. Managed to walk all the way to the hospital entrance and just enjoyed being outside for a couple of minutes

Modern medicine incredible if you think I had a broken hip and femur two weeks ago
so are you now in a normal ward?
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me attractive.

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #512 on: September 12, 2019, 12:09:38 pm »
Still not. Being moved to isolation actually.

You are welcome to drop by. Just tell them you are family. All wild dogs are mos
KTM 690R, 790ADV

Offline Kerritz

• KTSSSSK!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • What a SUPER-loss....DAMMIT man!
« Reply #513 on: September 12, 2019, 12:11:12 pm »
Ek het dit voorheen al vir jou gesÍ maar gaan dit weer doen.....ek is moerse impressed dat jy geen infeksie gekry het nie....veral nie in so oop wond nie.

Na my groot ongeluk paar jaar terug het ek meer tyd spandeer om infeksie te baklei as actual rehabilitiasie. Totaal van 3 maande in die hospitaal gewees waarvan 2 maande (meestal in isolation) vir die virus was wat ek in die hospitaal gekry het nogal: 

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Abbreviated as MRSA, this staph bacteria has evolved over time to become immune to many of the most popular antibacterial drugs. Indeed, MRSA can often not be treated with either penicillin or amoxicillin, with most patients requiring higher doses of more nontraditional antibiotics in order to defeat the condition. It often manifests itself in the form of a skin infection in most patients, and should be treated by a medical professional as soon as any signs or symptoms have been noticed by the patient. Staph bacteria does represent one of the most aggressive bacterial threats to the human body.
Vorige skoeters: XT660E, TL1000R, 2006 R1200GSA, 2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Anniversary, CRF450R, CRF450X, DRZ400SM, 950 Adventure, 990 SuperDuke (ISM) 2012 R1200GS Triple Black, F800GS, Wolskoeter!

Kaapse Jelly Tot!

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #514 on: September 12, 2019, 12:15:49 pm »
Hectic. I never fully realised it was that long.

I am also going into isolation because of some anti biotic resistance thing but thatís to keep it spreading. Theyíve alteady changed my antibiotics to cover for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KTM 690R, 790ADV

Offline lpj

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #515 on: September 12, 2019, 12:30:38 pm »
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Abbreviated as MRSA, this staph bacteria has evolved over time to become immune to many of the most popular antibacterial drugs. Indeed, MRSA can often not be treated with either penicillin or amoxicillin, with most patients requiring higher doses of more nontraditional antibiotics in order to defeat the condition. It often manifests itself in the form of a skin infection in most patients, and should be treated by a medical professional as soon as any signs or symptoms have been noticed by the patient. Staph bacteria does represent one of the most aggressive bacterial threats to the human body.

Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI's) is 'n moerse issue vir die hospitale. Jy kan net soveel doen in 'n plek wat wemel van bakteriee, virusse etc. En al doen jou staf alles itv infection prevention (hande was is nr 1), versprei die besoekers dit vir jou rond. Dan kry jy nog 'n klompie pasiente uit sentraal Afrika wat met goggas sit wat ons nog nooit eers gesien het nie.

Hulle se dit voel soos 'n losing battle partykeer.

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #516 on: September 12, 2019, 01:44:45 pm »

Is that a cloth or some other absorbent material they stuffed in there? Or your muscles?

Muscles. The surface texture is from the guaze that was removed before the photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are they going to take skin from for that exit wound? Next level scarification - maybe they can turn it into a Wild Dog logo  :imaposer:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #517 on: September 12, 2019, 01:55:37 pm »
i hear the nutsack skin is the best to use to cover wounds like that ............ just saying
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #518 on: September 12, 2019, 02:08:44 pm »
i hear the nutsack skin is the best to use to cover wounds like that ............ just saying

I heard foreskin also stretches well  8)  ... and encourages foresight down the line.  >:D
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

The following users thanked this post: punisher

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #519 on: September 12, 2019, 02:41:16 pm »

I heard foreskin also stretches well  8)  ... and encourages foresight down the line.  >:D

You mean forethigh? :spitcoffee:
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase