Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Electronic fuel injection issues / flashing neutral error code / possible ECU?  (Read 138 times)

Offline stevovo

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
Anyone had fuel injection unit issues with their 610 or similar model? My fuel pump is not grafting or even priming when ignition is switched on. But it does work when wired directly. Now the neutral light is flashing (fast 3 times and slow once) which as far as I can see is the error code for EFI?
Or could it even be a faulty ECU unit? Starting to stress as I'm doing a Bots trip in a couple of weeks...

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Have you checked all fuses and the starter relay?
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC

Personally I doubt it is ECU - have yet to hear of a faulty one. Are you a member of Cafe Husky?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 08:33:52 pm by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Mark D

I had 2 weeks of shit with my Xchallenge fuel pump not working. Problem turned out to be the neutral switch. I was about to give up and send it in to someone who knows what they are doing. While fiddling with the gear lever in neutral, with ignition on, and clutch in, all of a sudden the fuel pump started priming.
Before getting a new ECU, make sure that you check that the little switch on the clutch is okay, neutral switch & wire and sidestand switch.

The following users thanked this post: stevovo

Offline stevovo

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)

Personally I doubt it is ECU - have yet to hear of a faulty one. Are you a member of Cafe Husky?

I think you might be right and someone might be talking kak. Managed to track down Blazes and like you he also doubts its an ECU issue...