Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Dakar 2020  (Read 22358 times)

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
Re: Dakar 2020
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2019, 09:01:57 pm »
Hero is largely what Speedbrain was. Speedbrain used the BMW G450X as their RR base with engine made by Kymco. Husky 449RR was much the same. Interesting that what is essentially a 10 year old setup can get top ten finishes in Dakar and other top rallies. And ignorant d@@ses still like to dis the bikes.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 09:03:14 pm by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

Offline JK

• Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2019, 09:10:16 pm »
Guys I just want to say that this is my last year of hoping Barreda will do something - if he bails out again Iím done

Hi guys this will hopefully be my last year that i hope Barredda bails again . . .  :imaposer:
When u are on tar u are lost  !

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2019, 10:51:44 am »
Guys I just want to say that this is my last year of hoping Barreda will do something - if he bails out again Iím done

Hi guys this will hopefully be my last year that i hope Barredda bails again . . .  :imaposer:
Rynet gaan vir jou bliiiiksem  :peepwall:

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2019, 07:19:09 pm »

Rynet gaan vir jou bliiiiksem  :peepwall:

She must have dumped old bedroom eyes by now surely?

Offline gmac

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2019, 08:47:12 pm »
LOL

Brilliant

I also have a soft spot for brabec - time to start picking who Iím rooting for (apart from everyone)

Offline gmac

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2019, 08:54:21 pm »
For me itís going to be 

AvB
Brabec
Soultrain

And Ross for a top 12

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2019, 09:17:08 pm »
For me itís going to be 

AvB
Brabec
Soultrain

And Ross for a top 12

What no first Price ?  >:D

Online 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2019, 09:50:42 pm »
Hero is largely what Speedbrain was. Speedbrain used the BMW G450X as their RR base with engine made by Kymco. Husky 449RR was much the same. Interesting that what is essentially a 10 year old setup can get top ten finishes in Dakar and other top rallies. And ignorant d@@ses still like to dis the bikes.

Would Hero try for a win, or just settle for a "top ten" position?

Offline gmac

« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2019, 10:05:54 pm »
For me itís going to be 

AvB
Brabec
Soultrain

And Ross for a top 12

What no first Price ?  >:D

Lol

Yes Iím selecting those I would like to see do well as opposed to who do I think will win. I shouldíve said that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2019, 06:59:32 am »

Good question for Yamaha.  :pot:

Online 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2019, 08:53:28 am »

Yamaha would try for a win, undoubtedly, and will be fielding modern bikes. Hence my question, it is a strange tactic today, to field a ten-year old bike in competition anywhere.

It raises questions about whether Dakar competitiveness, as not MotoGP or MX would have a rider stand any chance on ten year old technology.

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2019, 10:47:26 am »

Yamaha would try for a win, undoubtedly, and will be fielding modern bikes. Hence my question, it is a strange tactic today, to field a ten-year old bike in competition anywhere.

It raises questions about whether Dakar competitiveness, as not MotoGP or MX would have a rider stand any chance on ten year old technology.

I thought Yamaha prided themselves on 10 or more year old technology on the market. Just look at the T7 - will probably soon be 10 years old before we see it  :imaposer:

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Beware the 250 roost !
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2019, 12:26:28 pm »
The fact that Hero got top 10 (did they?) just shows me how piss poor Dakar has become under manufacturers. Besides KTM who releases actual Rally replica bikes ? No one. When Honda fielded a factory team they also entered on a modified CRF450X that was about 10 years old by then. Yamaha is not even factory and flip flops between a modified YZ and WR depending what they feel like that year. And now they have to race around a sand bowl in Saudi Arabia. Sorry but will rather follow the Africa Eco Race
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

The following users thanked this post: BlueBull2007

Online 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2019, 04:30:04 pm »
The fact that Hero got top 10 (did they?) just shows me how piss poor Dakar has become under manufacturers. Besides KTM who releases actual Rally replica bikes ? No one. When Honda fielded a factory team they also entered on a modified CRF450X that was about 10 years old by then. Yamaha is not even factory and flip flops between a modified YZ and WR depending what they feel like that year. And now they have to race around a sand bowl in Saudi Arabia. Sorry but will rather follow the Africa Eco Race

This relates to my question of why any manufacturer would enter on ten year old technology, and all the BMW fanboys can do is to attack a D/S bike from another manufacturer. :pot:

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2019, 05:23:31 pm »

This relates to my question of why any manufacturer would enter on ten year old technology, and all the BMW fanboys can do is to attack a D/S bike from another manufacturer. :pot:

The reality is that Yamaha is also fielding 10 year old technology. Capiche.

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2019, 05:44:31 pm »
So what don't you hero's understand? the power plant was a good one, NOTHING around it is what it was, do you think the engine makes you go quickly, not  fark.. :sip:
Behind every great man, is a woman rolling her eyes.

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2019, 05:51:42 pm »
So what don't you hero's understand? the power plant was a good one, NOTHING around it is what it was, do you think the engine makes you go quickly, not  fark.. :sip:

What no cornering ABS and traction control?  :peepwall:

Offline JK

• Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2019, 08:35:01 pm »
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:20:15 pm by JK »
When u are on tar u are lost  !

The following users thanked this post: Dutchie