Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: bike registration in the Western cape  (Read 160 times)

Offline Grumpleton

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Live life like there is no tomorrow, For F#$K sake
bike registration in the Western cape
« on: September 03, 2019, 07:49:10 pm »
Question , what paperwork do i need to register a new to me bike in my name .

I got the bike from a fellow dog that had it financed with Wesbank.
the finance has been settled and I have the E-natis docs from Wesbank,

what else do I need to get it registered in my name , I am not very good at doing queues so would rather have all my ducks in a row before I go to the licencing people,
thanks
never had to purchase a bike like this before.
Bikes : 2003 KTM 950 adventure S, 2018 KTM 690 Enduro R , BigBoy Revival 150 for the drop.

Sun, Wind and Sail and for those colder days, My Bike.
Live for today, because yesterday has gone and tomorrow may never come.

Offline DaddyK

Re: bike registration in the Western cape
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 08:03:23 pm »
Bike Papers
Road Worthy Certificate
ID Document
Proof of address
Change of ownership form signed by previous owner (yellow form at licensing office)
You will need to complete the registration form at the licensing office if you don't have one (I think it is the blue one?)

https://www.westerncape.gov.za/general-publication/how-register-and-license-your-vehicle
The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human can alter his life by altering his attitude - William James

Offline Kerritz

• KTSSSSK!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • What a SUPER-loss....DAMMIT man!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 08:21:25 pm »
If you want someone to do it on your behalf speak to Linda at Linger vehicle registrations. Just Google and you will find them on or on Facebook. Based in Parklands she had a transfer of ownership on a car and my bike's renewal done all in one day for a minimal fee. What a pleasure to deal with them.
Vorige skoeters: XT660E, TL1000R, 2006 R1200GSA, 2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Anniversary, CRF450R, CRF450X, DRZ400SM, 950 Adventure, 990 SuperDuke (ISM) 2012 R1200GS Triple Black, F800GS, Wolskoeter!

Kaapse Jelly Tot!

The following users thanked this post: zebra - Flying Brick

Offline Africanus

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 08:21:50 pm »
On my last two bikes I bought privately they wanted a copy of the sales contract as well. I gave them that without keeping copies as It was very basic stuff and I had the green doc which is king. The yellow gets filled in as well.

Edit to add: Bought a bike by accident during the Dec holidays trawling gumtree.  On tweede nuwejaar I realised a lot of places were open. I took the bike for a roadworthy, went to the bankteller for a proof of adress tjappie, to the traffic department and then a new plate at the second joint I went to. The Midas only did those serving tray size you see on CD200's. All within three hours.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 08:30:10 pm by Africanus »

Offline Blikkies1

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 08:26:15 pm »
Everything DaddyK said + sales contract and certified copy of sellers ID, standard sales contracts are available on Google or for sale for R100 at PNA.

Offline Mpandla

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 07:08:38 am »
Just a note as there seems to be some confusion over this. Some places dont mind, others have issues

When I sold a vehicle recently I had to register it in my name first, taking it off the banks name, then only was the new owner allowed to register it
KTM 690
Mpandla - The bald one

Online 73 Peanut

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 07:26:03 am »
Let the previous owner sort it out because the papers should have been transfered from the bank into his name . He needs to transfer it to yours.

Offline Grumpleton

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Live life like there is no tomorrow, For F#$K sake
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 07:38:08 am »
thanks all have the whiet transfer of ownership from the bank and the previous owner, ID from the Bank bloke and the seller, as well as the green E-natis doc from the bank,
sales agreement with the seller, so am going to just get it in my name directly , Im in langebaan and we have a municipal licencing office here with a lady that still understands Customer service so going to get her to do it for me , but thanks for all your help.
Bikes : 2003 KTM 950 adventure S, 2018 KTM 690 Enduro R , BigBoy Revival 150 for the drop.

Sun, Wind and Sail and for those colder days, My Bike.
Live for today, because yesterday has gone and tomorrow may never come.

Offline 1ougat

• The Commodore !!!
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Commodore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 08:03:26 am »
You can register without a road worthy - you will just not get the disk untill you get that done , at least you get it on your name . Must say the capetown branch in Somerset west has been a painless process and they are helpfull. :thumleft:
Make mine a Boxer with a shaft!!!!
2006 R1200 HP2 !!!! - La Poderosa - "The Mighty One"
1965 R50/2
1996 R80 GS PD Classic
2010 1200 GS 1975 Suzuki AC50