My 1st Solo(ish) ride - Longmore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bakkie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
When I woke up this morning I just knew that today was the day.... for my first solo expedition!!!

I went onto mapsource and google earth and started to explore and then decided to go to Longmore. I left my house and headed to Van Standens Pass via all the gravel I could find. Going through the pass was great and when I got out I stopped at Thornhill for a chock and some water. From Thornhill I went to The Hankey off-ramp and took a right into Longmore. At the turn-off I saw two strange guys on KLR's also heading into Longmore..... great my first solo ride and I had to share it with not 1 but 2 KLR's. (Because it was only a KLR I guess it still counts as a solo ride  :mwink:

The guys on the KLR's was Thump and a soon to be WD  :thumleft:

Heading into Longmore we soon got our first obstacle...  road works but soon Thump made a plan and we got the bikes across. I had marked some waypoints on my GPS of where I wanted to go and took the lead put soon we got to this big red sign that said "PRIVATE ROAD". I thought of going in there but rather turned around and headed out on a road with signs that said detour to Rocklands.

Just as we got going Thump pointed out that my left indicator was loose but I just left it and just as we got out of Longmore soon to be WD brought to my attention that it's now just dangling so out came the duck tape and fixed it.

We exited Longmore close to Rocklands and stopped at Out of Africa from some drinks. I had a beer and the responsible KLR guys had a coke  ??? but by the time I had my second beer Thump joined me  :thumleft:

It was a great ride and I loved it with no problems except for my f-ing indicator..... :-[

I will definitely go there again and explore some more. It's a awesome riding spot.

Thanks Thump and soon to be WD

Attachments

• DSCN3440.JPG
    DSCN3440.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCN3443.JPG
    DSCN3443.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN3444.JPG
    DSCN3444.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCN3445.JPG