Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: anekee 3 vs anekee adventure  (Read 151 times)

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
anekee 3 vs anekee adventure
« on: September 04, 2019, 10:12:43 am »
anyone got experience of both the tyres ????
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline 73 Peanut

Re: anekee 3 vs anekee adventure
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 09:37:50 am »
Lots of videos about both tyres on YouTube.  If you are doing 95% of your riding on tar just fit Anakee 3 tyres as they are going to be smoother and better at higher speeds . 150km/h all day long .  Would also Luke to know more about the Anakee adventure  as I normally fit the Anakee wild front but they are extremely noisy and not stable at higher speeds . Keeps me to 140km/h which is a good thing .

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 09:45:54 am »
yup , did a bit of reading , to all intents the Adventure is a good tyre for road and a wee bit of dirt

the anekee 3 was a good one too , i got 20 000 kms out my last set

i have heidenau on at the moment , they are great on dirt , not so great on tar tho , and most of my riding is on tar

ordered a set of anekees for tomorrow ............ will see
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Pavlovski

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • www.jamiezone.co.za FOR ALL YOUR WÜRTH PRODUCTS
    • www.jamiezone.co.za
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 09:57:41 am »
Michelin brought out the Anakee Adventure to compete with the Metzeler Tourance & Pirelli Scorpion MT90. The Anakee 3 competes with the Metzeler Tourance Next, Bridgestone A41 and Pirelli Scorpion 2.

Since Michelin discontinued the Anakee 2 they had nothing to compete with the likes of Metzeler Tourance & Pirelli Scorpion MT90. The Anakee Adventure was designed to do all day road and all day gravel with a tread pattern designed to deal with moderate sand and mud riding as well. Although it's water displacement on the road is not as good as the Anakee 3, it is more than enough to inspire confidence. Personally I prefer the Anakee Adventure above the Anakee 3, simply for its versatility and yes....it just looks better ;D
Currently owns: BMW R1200R & Honda CX500

Previously owned: BMW R1150GS, BMW G650GS, BMW R1150R, Suzuki SV1000, Suzuki DL650 V-strom, Hyosung GT250, BMW F800ST, BMW K1200S, Harley XL1200 Sportster Custom, SYM 125 Scooter, BMW G650 X-Country

The following users thanked this post: punisher