Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Service from the service dept. of Bikers Warehouse?  (Read 663 times)

Offline stevovo

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
Service from the service dept. of Bikers Warehouse?
« on: September 04, 2019, 06:40:50 pm »
Whatís been your experience of late: very good, good, bad, or ugly?

Offline SwartBlackie

Re: Service from the service dept. of Bikers Warehouse?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 07:08:54 pm »
Was awesome

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Gerhardw

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 08:04:50 pm »
Agree had great service from the guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kenzogs

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 08:30:55 pm »
I popped in there for some advice and minor assistance with my bike and they assisted very willingly.
You can never get lost - you just reach a different destination.
Every road has to lead somewhere - even if it is a dead-end.

Offline GhostSixFour

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 07:18:12 am »
If you know what you want, they are good. However, I had tyres replaced there, and they had to replace the tube twice as it kept leaking. Their salesmen will tell you whatever to sell their product - had one tell me that you can't off road with Mitas E07's but needs some freaking enduro tyre to ride fire roads.. So.. Just be prepared.

Their prices aren't the best either, just compare with Guts and Gas that is close to there as well.

Offline Pavlovski

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • www.jamiezone.co.za FOR ALL YOUR W‹RTH PRODUCTS
    • www.jamiezone.co.za
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 08:01:23 am »
Received very good service. They will definitely see me again :thumleft:
Currently owns: BMW R1200R

Previously owned: BMW R1150GS, BMW G650GS, BMW R1150R, Suzuki SV1000, Suzuki DL650 V-strom, Hyosung GT250, BMW F800ST, BMW K1200S, Harley XL1200 Sportster Custom, SYM 125 Scooter, BMW G650 X-Country

Offline Dolf

• Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 10:40:21 am »
Had to book the 401 in for a service. The guy I spoke to had such a shit attitude...like they were doing me a favour. So I'm taking it to Race Worx rather.

Offline stevovo

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 11:44:05 am »
Had to book the 401 in for a service. The guy I spoke to had such a shit attitude...like they were doing me a favour. So I'm taking it to Race Worx rather.

That was my experience too - just wanted to check if I was the exception, as it seems some of the other Dogs have had more luck...
Been 5 days and they haven't even looked at the bike, never mind fixed it (if they can). Had I known it would be such a mission I would have gone somewhere else and saved a week. And then try speaking to them on the phone - oh my word! :xxbah:

Offline Offroadrider

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 12:41:43 pm »

That was my experience too - just wanted to check if I was the exception, as it seems some of the other Dogs have had more luck...
Been 5 days and they haven't even looked at the bike, never mind fixed it (if they can). Had I known it would be such a mission I would have gone somewhere else and saved a week. And then try speaking to them on the phone - oh my word! :xxbah:
Phone and ask to speak to Mike the owner

Offline BuRP

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 12:59:37 pm »

Yeah, agree, if shit treatment/service received speak to he/she who owns it, it's their income at stake after all!
Mind, my experience is that if you can go see this person in person that's always way better than making a phonecall, if only for the fact that you are sure then to have this person's undivided attention!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 01:01:37 pm by BuRP »
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro, KTM 790 Adv R, KTM 790 Adv R Rally ordered

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 03:01:03 pm »
Bought, serviced and insurance repaired my bike at raceworx.
Only got good things to say about them.
 :thumleft:

Offline Dolf

• Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 06:55:44 am »

Yeah, agree, if shit treatment/service received speak to he/she who owns it, it's their income at stake after all!
Mind, my experience is that if you can go see this person in person that's always way better than making a phonecall, if only for the fact that you are sure then to have this person's undivided attention!

Exactly what I did a month ago. Wanted to get lever / hand guards. The salesman said he will phone around to get a few options that will work and then call me back within a day. I'm still waiting.

Offline stevovo

Bikers Warehouse - "sorry dude - we can't be bothered..."
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2019, 11:21:32 am »
So after leaving my bike (a Husky 610 TE) for 2 weeks at Bikers Warehouse and having to basically beg them for feedback, they tell me today that they can't find out whats wrong with the bike and "given the age of the bike its not viable for them to work on it". What??!! The bike is only 9 years old and has just 20 000km on the clock - I thought they were supposed to be THE Husqvarna / KTM dealers! Clearly A) they have too much work to give a crap about customers if they are happy to turn business away, and B) their focus is on replacing parts on newer bikes, rather than bothering to spend any time fault finding. Also why the hell did they agree to take it in in the first place?  >:( >:(

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 11:30:46 am »
While I've managed to get everything I've needed out of them, I think there's a big case of "silos" going on there.  Little departments that don't seem to overlap at all.

Collected a wheel from the service side, ask them if they'd have new sprocket bolts available coz mine are corroded: "You'd have to ask spares" answer.  :eek7: That would've been an easy addition to that invoice right there (albeit probably small) but they were not interested in trying to help me out any more than they had done already.

Stu
1290 SA-R