Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Long Way Up - Charley and Ewan goes electric  (Read 4583 times)

Offline teebag

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
Re: Long Way Up - Charley and Ewan goes electric
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2020, 02:23:15 pm »
Try this link, I'm following it here :

https://soap2day.to/tv_aToyNjA0Ow.html

Careful, my AV has a lot to say about that site

Offline 0012

• Double-oh-Tkwarf
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Race the rain. Ride the wind. Chase the sunset.
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2020, 02:48:37 pm »
My wife watched it with me until she read Ewan left his wife for a young bokkie.....now all bikers are adulterous.... thanks internet

:spitcoffee:    :laughing4:
->    TransAlp 650 - sold
:(    Yamaha XT1200Z - written off - R.I.P.

Offline pwt

« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2020, 03:18:43 pm »
Try this link, I'm following it here :

https://soap2day.to/tv_aToyNjA0Ow.html

Careful, my AV has a lot to say about that site

Purely because of the amount of adds on the site, we use an add blocker and it is therefore not a problem

I must say that I'm thoroughly enjoying the series so far, beautiful part of the world and the ďgoing electricalĒ is certainly adding its own set of challenges and solutions to their endeavor.
Harley Davidson and Rivian have really been coming to the party on this one. This might just be what Harley Davidson needs at this point in time and Rivian also seems to be a very impressive company

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 06:56:34 am by pwt »

Offline BuRP

« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2020, 09:43:25 am »
.... the ďgoing electricalĒ is certainly adding its own set of challenges and solutions to their endeavor.
Harley Davidson and Rivian have really been coming to the party on this one. This might just be what Harley Davidson needs at this point in time and Rivian also seems to be a very impressive company

I completely agree!
One day we (OK, our kids lol) may look back on this and comment something like "Hey, they didn't have any charging infrastructure yet, how weird!"
Same like a GrandPa explaining to his grandkids now like "... and we could not find where we were on our map", and then the kids quiz him with "What is a map Gran?"
Times are changing, and the (costly so btw!) pioneering now is at least brave, plus nice to watch!  :thumleft:
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020

Offline Wayne

« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2020, 11:46:24 am »
Also enjoying the show. It's rides like this that will show up the challenges and difficulties so that solutions can be developed.

However I am still battling with the no engine noise. That whine just does not sound right

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2020, 04:39:11 pm »
Also enjoying the show. It's rides like this that will show up the challenges and difficulties so that solutions can be developed.

However I am still battling with the no engine noise. That whine just does not sound right

They have the technology. They can even make an empty 50,000 seat stadium sound full of cheering fans, so a bike exhaust should be easy.  :biggrin:
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

"They" say I confuse wanting to stay young with wanting things to stay as they were when I was young.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2020, 08:51:34 pm »

They have the technology. They can even make an empty 50,000 seat stadium sound full of cheering fans, so a bike exhaust should be easy.  :biggrin:

But that would be like a Mitchell's Plain Tazz sounding like a Ferrari, there is a limit to fake. Quietness is the one advantage of E-vehicles.

Offline Lord Knormoer

• Knight Kevlar: Order of the Alu Pannier
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2020, 05:55:28 am »
But that would be like a Mitchell's Plain Tazz sounding like a Ferrari, there is a limit to fake. Quietness is the one advantage of E-vehicles.
I have to agree.  Iíve often ridden through areas where I wished the engine was silent because it scared the wildlife away.

On the other hand, there was talk in the UK to introduce legislation that electric and hybrid cars should have some noisemaking device especially around town after too many pedestrians were hit in parking lots. Apparently they are too quiet at low speeds so people donít here the car...

Offline pwt

« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2020, 08:16:58 pm »
Watching episode 5 now, altitude sickness is really a bummer, weird that it affects only certain people adversely

Offline Edd

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2020, 11:06:35 pm »
Started watching today on Apple TV+, must say I am enjoying it.

I like the electric idea.  :thumleft:
Face your Fears, Live your Dreams

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #150 on: Yesterday at 08:39:01 am »
I have to agree.  Iíve often ridden through areas where I wished the engine was silent because it scared the wildlife away.

On the other hand, there was talk in the UK to introduce legislation that electric and hybrid cars should have some noisemaking device especially around town after too many pedestrians were hit in parking lots. Apparently they are too quiet at low speeds so people donít here the car...

Even a problem with new gen diesel/petrol engine.... was watching my wife stroll towards me in the road of a hospital parking lot just this week with a spanking new Land Cruiser patiently following her waiting for her to move over.... she eventually jumped out the way when I could get her in earshot as no manner of gesticulation could get her to look over her shoulder to notice the V8 Cruiser tailing her.... ;D
Long live the Underdog.........

Offline Lord Knormoer

• Knight Kevlar: Order of the Alu Pannier
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #151 on: Yesterday at 02:09:58 pm »

Even a problem with new gen diesel/petrol engine.... was watching my wife stroll towards me in the road of a hospital parking lot just this week with a spanking new Land Cruiser patiently following her waiting for her to move over.... she eventually jumped out the way when I could get her in earshot as no manner of gesticulation could get her to look over her shoulder to notice the V8 Cruiser tailing her.... ;D
:spitcoffee:

Offline Neo_za

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #152 on: Yesterday at 04:43:18 pm »
Watching and enjoying it as well - the charging introduces some new challenges, approaches and innovations. Think the last episode they had a new solution for charging the bikes out of the bakkies in 2 hours.

One thing i like about the bakkies is that they can be quickly tow charged - clever idea :thumleft: