Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Long Way Up - Charley and Ewan goes electric  (Read 6146 times)

Offline WildWood

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Real dual-sport adventure tours
Re: Long Way Up - Charley and Ewan goes electric
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2020, 06:23:13 pm »
And don't scoff at the demise of combustion engines in a shorter time than you think possible. As soon as governments incentivise e-car /bike production and give tax breaks it will happen faster than you think. Setting up charge stations costs a fraction of a petrol station as well as a fraction of the time. All it needs is a cable in and charge pumps. No trucking fuel, much safer , less theft, clean and cheap. The fuel monopolies can only keep greasing / bribing for so long.

Will be sad for us petrol heads but it's on the horizon.  Already diesel will disappear in Europe within the decade. Who would have guessed that?  By 2025 diesel will be banned by the EU and UK by 2030. A full 5 years sooner than planned only two years ago.

Offline dookie

• The last Avatar Meatbender.
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Shake what ya mama gave you.
« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2020, 08:26:34 pm »
And don't scoff at the demise of combustion engines in a shorter time than you think possible. As soon as governments incentivise e-car /bike production and give tax breaks it will happen faster than you think. Setting up charge stations costs a fraction of a petrol station as well as a fraction of the time. All it needs is a cable in and charge pumps. No trucking fuel, much safer , less theft, clean and cheap. The fuel monopolies can only keep greasing / bribing for so long.

Will be sad for us petrol heads but it's on the horizon.  Already diesel will disappear in Europe within the decade. Who would have guessed that?  By 2025 diesel will be banned by the EU and UK by 2030. A full 5 years sooner than planned only two years ago.
Heh.

You used "cable" and "less theft" in the same sentence in a South African environment. ::)

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2020, 01:58:06 pm »
Ok, I will admit it. I was wrong.

I am about halfway through the series, do one a day because I am really enjoying 'Long Way Up' and want to saviour it. The visuals alone, good grief.... gorgeous.

And I am seriously impressed with the electric bikes and cars. Especially the Harley's... jeez, that hurt to say.

This series is a country mile better than 'Long Way Down' and on par (...if not better...) than 'Round', although it will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Speaking of things I enjoy, I see the other boys are back this Christmas.