Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Retro Roof of Africa 2019  (Read 271 times)

Offline Kortbroek

Retro Roof of Africa 2019
« on: September 10, 2019, 08:35:26 am »
This looks interesting. Basically seems like it can accommodate any bike that can go on dirt.

http://roofofafrica.co.ls/retro-roof/
http://roofofafrica.co.ls/regs/retro.pdf?target=blank

edit: Although a pity it is the same weekend as Tankwa. ...why not grow the sport in SA instead of having competing events?  :patch:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:37:45 am by Kortbroek »
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Buff

Re: Retro Roof of Africa 2019
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:42:38 am »
I was looking at going up to that event until I noticed the date clash. I mentioned it on their FB page as well. Real pity because it will probably be a great ride. I see it's MSA registered as well so they cocked it up by double booking the weekend  :(

Interesting to see this name on the start list, I thought he had left the country after the Rally fiasco :imaposer:

George Booker    N/A N/A    Adventure Bikes Under 1000cc    KTM 530 Rally Lite
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:45:26 am by Buff »
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 08:50:02 am »
I was looking at going up to that event until I noticed the date clash. I mentioned it on their FB page as well. Real pity because it will probably be a great ride. I see it's MSA registered as well so they cocked it up by double booking the weekend  :(

Interesting to see this name on the start list, I thought he had left the country after the Rally fiasco :imaposer:

Do tell for those of us not in the know?  :pot:

Ja it looks like a fun event. I'm gearing myself up, mostly i.t.o. saving money to do one or two events next year. Tankwa obviously being #1, if this is around next year on a different date then maybe this will be #2.
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Buff

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 09:13:46 am »
Just run a search of his name on WD's, the results will tell the story  :(
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline DR BIG 750

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 12:46:20 pm »
Was Planned early in the year, but did nothing till a few weeks back, takes a a bit of planning on a VMx bike, so itsa no go for me, not a lot of vintage bikes so far, pity could be great if organised, and better date planning :-\
twin shox, twin drum air cooled

Offline 171steve

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 08:23:35 am »

Do tell for those of us not in the know?  :pot:

Ja it looks like a fun event. I'm gearing myself up, mostly i.t.o. saving money to do one or two events next year. Tankwa obviously being #1, if this is around next year on a different date then maybe this will be #2.

Dis die ou wat n potensiele baie goeie rally opgedinges het, ryers deur  boere so grond laat jaag het sonder toestemming en verder nie eers almal wat hy geld skuld betaal het nie.
Toe pawpaw die fan strike likwideer hy homself en staan nie man vir wat hy drooggemaak het of skuld nie

Hyt bietjie guts om sy gesig weer in enige msa events te wys selfs as n deelnemer ek dink daar is nog n paar ouens wat hom wil beetkry

The following users thanked this post: Snafu

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 10:08:55 pm »
On the bucket list to go and view one day, nice website and liked the retro stuff- good memories of the 70's, 80's and 90's - Any Capies going up there- would like to lay my hands on one of these tees
BEER IS PROOF GOD LOVES US.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 10:20:56 pm »
Why does the name imply "retro" when Booker for instance, is on a newish 530?

Offline DR BIG 750

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 05:22:10 am »
The 2020 retro roof will be march april, cant remember exact date, I will be there on a 82 PE 175
found the date
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:45:23 am by DR BIG 750 »
twin shox, twin drum air cooled