Bike repair shops- theft / fraud / bad work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meteor

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Gas Gas (all models)
I am feeling depressed again today. It seems like there is some snake in the grass that just doesn't want me to be a happy bike owner.

I have only had one bike in my life, my father recently got his favourite bike after about 30 years of placing family before himself. Both are lekker but it just isn't possible to love them like we'd like to because people keep on getting in the way. Every time a bike needs a service or repair in our family we get done in. It ranges from theft, fraud to just plain bad work and there is nothing that we can do about the shops. The best I can do it switch shops but that is probably why I have 4 stories about 4 shops. They where all recommended, they all did me in and they all got away with it. Now it just feels like seeing the wreck of the car you had a terrible accident in every morning.
Some charged me for parts they ordered wrong, one charged me for ten's of hours for a clutch swap, another stole parts of my bike and the list goes on. The only pain free help I've ever received is from the visit I had with Foxy. 

SO, how do you ous deal with kind of stuff? IOW vertel my asb hoe kak julle lewens is dat ek beter kan voel. ATM it just feels like there is no pleasure in owning a bike unless you have no care for money or no pride in your bike.

I am not planning on naming any shops in this post so please try to do the same, naming and shaming is not the point of this post. All of these places were recommended and all of them will be recommended again, regardless of naming&shaming. I am merely asking how YOU dealt with it, especially knowing that the shops will never change.