Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Pussy Fever in Pretoria - a short Ride-along Report  (Read 920 times)

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
Re: Pussy Fever in Pretoria - a short Ride-along Report
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2019, 08:43:09 am »
If my guest wakes me up for nothing she will not be invited back  :pot: :3some:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Hondsekierie

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Away we go!!! Bikes: 690RFR, 950SE, 990Adv
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 09:13:02 am »
Haha, love the RR.

Regarding your t-shirt, it's all OK - no harm done seeing your legs  8)
“There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
I love not Man the less, but Nature more"

The following users thanked this post: Ri

Online ktmmer

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 09:29:42 am »
If my guest wakes me up for nothing she will not be invited back  :pot: :3some:

Jy word oud , sy het net n t shirt aangehad !!  :laughing4:

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 09:32:13 am »
Is so...kan dit nie vat as die girls vra...oom oom waas is my skoene oom. :laughing4:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Edgar

• The ultimate
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2019, 10:54:18 am »
WoW, I only have 3 cat's and they are already a handful. I guess I can almost qualify as a crazy cat man  :imaposer:

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline Leo

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 11:16:29 am »
:laughing4: I don't know where people get this idea: rides bike, must be tall?

Probably from your photos.  The people you ride with must be real KGB  :3some:

Anyhow, nice RR, please continue  :thumleft:
Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 12:49:55 pm »
:laughing4: I don't know where people get this idea: rides bike, must be tall?

Probably from your photos.  The people you ride with must be real KGB  :3some:

Anyhow, nice RR, please continue  :thumleft:

Can't be, I'm (almost) never in photo's :imaposer:
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Minxy

• σΤΤς >^.^< σΤΤς
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 01:01:25 pm »
Such lovely photos :D :D :D

Last time I saw you was in the middle of the middle of nowhere... hope you are well.

Cool ride report Ri  :thumleft:

Haha, it feels like years ago. We are doing well thank you Geelkat! Busy frantically packing for our next epic trip actually :) I hope you've been doing well? How's your recovery come along, I hope you are all good and riding again?

*Sorry for slight hijack Ri* :P

And keep that ride report coming, awesome reading  :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 01:02:51 pm by Minxy »
*              ★·.·΄―`·.·★   "I'm in love with a strict machine"  ★·.·΄―`·.·★               *
www.facebook.com/barbara.muszynski/ Hit follow!
Current: KTM 950SE, Husqvarna 701, KTM 500, Honda LS 125 Previous: Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 DCT, KTM 950 SE, KTM 950 Adv, Aprilia 650 Pegaso Trail, BMW G450X, Husqvarna 350FE, KTM 690RFR
Ride Reports:
Xmas Xtreme - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=233018.0 Old Mill Drift -  http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=234804.0

The following users thanked this post: Ri

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2019, 02:04:37 pm »
Such lovely photos :D :D :D

Last time I saw you was in the middle of the middle of nowhere... hope you are well.

Cool ride report Ri  :thumleft:

Haha, it feels like years ago. We are doing well thank you Geelkat! Busy frantically packing for our next epic trip actually :) I hope you've been doing well? How's your recovery come along, I hope you are all good and riding again?

*Sorry for slight hijack Ri* :P

And keep that ride report coming, awesome reading  :)

Since you're pretty much the reason for this ride-along report, you are welcome to hijack as often as you want :deal: :lol8:
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2019, 02:05:10 pm »
Once on the bikes and ready to ride, HSK says we're going to sit this one out, meaning we won't be standing up on the pegs, much to my relief.

We head towards Klapperkop and it's not long before HSK stops and gives me pillion-structions: I should sit closer to him and stop putting my weight on the foot pegs, especially when I'm leaning from side to side to see around him. If I feel uncertain or unsafe, I should grab handfuls at the sides of his jacket to steady myself.

Yes, dear Reader, despite the fact I'm sitting on the raised pillion seat behind HSK on the 990, I'm not tall enough to see over his shoulder.

I shift forward on the seat up against HSK and stop trying to brace myself for the corners and multiple speed humps Pretoria presents at regular intervals, consequently becoming airborne frequently and bumping down on the small seat at slightly awkward angles. I try to right my seat surreptitiously without pushing my feet down on the pegs. We turn towards Eeufees Road and see some animals in the Groenkloof Reserve, then we ride past what used to by Iscor's head quarters, and beyond past the grimy dilapidated buildings with smoke billowing from them. We turn towards Laudium and then to Erasmia.

I grew up in Valhalla, so this is very familiar territory for me. The expansion is amazing, but the dust and decay wrings my heart and causes my eyes to tear up. I remember sporadically picnicking in Iscor's beautiful gardens on Sundays on the way home from church. On Saturdays there were usually multiple wedding parties posing for photographs on the manicured lawns, brides and bridesmaids floating around like blossoms trying to hog the best spots.

Minxy is having fun, wheelieing the KTM 950 past us for short distances, a broad smile on her face and her eyes shining. It is very clear how much she enjoys this bike :ricky:

Through Erasmia, we turn on to the Schurweberg Road, which I never knew existed. It runs through small holdings and pops out on the tar road just this side of Hartebeespoort. A KTM and an XT660 (the rider wearing KTM gear) come storming past us, meerkatting and kicking up dust. The KTM rider still nods a greeting, but you can almost smell the discomfort of the XT rider, standing with stiff back and shoulders over his seat. I'm reminded of my first sojourn on gravel and my insides quaking at the sight of terra not-so-firma.

We pass them again soon enough, reach the tar road and head towards Hartebeespoort dam, stopping along the way for some fuel. HSK suggests that Minxy go ahead with the gravel route they'd discussed, while we would whizz around on some boring tar and meet her on the other side. Wait, wut? It seems the route becomes a bit technical in places, and HSK is concerned I might be uncomfortable. Wait, WUT? I tell him anywhere he is comfortable pillioning me, I'm comfortable to ride along. He agrees to follow the original plan, and instructs me to hold onto his riding jacket, but the close fit of his jacket doesn't make for easy purchase. I finally find a solution, tucking my fingers under the seams of the jacket on each side, and get a good grip.

Good thing too, because the next thing HSK turns off onto a deeply rutted little single spoor. I hold on for dear life as we ricochet from side to side in the narrow track, bouncing through whoops and over big rocks, and don't know how to hold my legs so that HSK can easily put a foot down to kick at the turf. I'm airborne over every hump, and reel myself in to land close to HSK when I come down, giggling like an idiot.

At one point I look at the twisty track ahead and think to myself, if it was me I'd just head over these big rocks over here and meet the track up ahead. True's bob HSK follows the exact line I was eyeing, and I burst out laughing, enjoying myself bouncing along as a pillion on a track I'd hesitate to ride by myself. HSK can ride and I don't have a moment of unease.

Eventually HSK sends Minxy on ahead to wait for us at the top, and she (cheat!) quickly hops onto her foot pegs and takes off down a wider but still squirrelly gravel road. I renew my grip on HSK's jacket just in time: the next moment we roll down a small hill, over a submerged cement water crossing, and then he opens up. The big bike roars up a road that looked like Heartbreak Hill's little brother, Ballbreak Hillock, covered in ruts and loose rocks.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:09:36 pm by Ri »

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2019, 02:31:20 pm »
At the top Minxy is not quite in time to catch us racing towards her ::)

The views are beautiful

Please note, dear Reader, that I'm standing on a big rock to capture these images :spitcoffee:

So cute! :love7:

The road eases off and offers no more excitement. It becomes tar, and we turn off to a breakfast spot where the parking area is full of motorbikes of all sorts. We eat some great burgers and HSK again invites me to have some beer, but I refuse as I don't drink and ride. They remind me that I'm not riding, and I perk up at the realisation that I can imbibe a little. We enjoy our food and drink, watching groups of riders charging to and fro on the long straight stretch of tar out front.

Minxy's KTM 950 draws admiring glances and walk-arounds. When we get ready to leave, a man stands open-mouthed watching the trim-waisted Minxy fasten her helmet and mount her ride. I revel in the reflected glory of being in the company of this badass biker chick as I hop onto the back of HSK's bike :headbang:

The ride back is without incident and when we get home, I quickly don my clothes, hoping to get out of my kind hosts' hair ASAP. However Minxy and I - again - fall to talking and it is 14:00 when I finally tear myself away and head homeward.

Thank you for a stunning, stunning weekend, @Minxy and @Hondsekierie. I so look forward to seeing you again :biggrin:

Offline JonW

• Hilton Hound
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2019, 02:43:31 pm »
Nice one Ri   :thumleft:

HSK and Minxy are awesome people to ride with   :ricky:
How can I be lost when I have got nowhere to go?

Offline Hondsekierie

• Away we go!!! Bikes: 690RFR, 950SE, 990Adv
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 03:05:13 pm »
Awe, thanks for the nice words Ri.  Was very nice meeting you and we'll surely come make a turn when in your neck of the woods :ricky:
“There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
I love not Man the less, but Nature more"

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2019, 06:16:36 am »
Nice one Ri   :thumleft:

HSK and Minxy are awesome people to ride with   :ricky:

Agreed! :biggrin:

Awe, thanks for the nice words Ri.  Was very nice meeting you and we'll surely come make a turn when in your neck of the woods :ricky:

Thanks! Just bring along a gag-order when you visit, so you can compel me to shut up :bueller: :imaposer: