Clifton's 2'nd Beach !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Howzit Guys

This place to visit is not bike related, unless you travel there with your bike I presume.
Anyhow busy down in Cape Town with a new project and was invited along by a colleague to visit the fire works display on Clifton?s 2?nd beach, apparently this happens every Monday Night.

I was up on Signal Hill taking photos of the glorious day when I was summoned to go down to the beach. Really was a glorious day in Capetown after the gusting wing of the past few days.

CT.jpg

CT2.jpg

CT4.jpg

CT10.jpg

CT11.jpg

Went down to the beach, and the place was an absolute buzz. Jugglers was practicing their skills, no fires yet, as it was too early, and a few guys & gals was playing guitar and bongo drums and just all having a good time
CT31.jpg

Soon the sun went down (which was after 8pm for the gautengers) and the fireworks could begin
CT35.jpg

The half moon was also up in the sky, which really made for an amazing atmosphere
CT38.jpg

and when it was nice and dark the fun began. We were consuming vast amounts of tassies, and soon was having one helluva time.
CT39.jpg

and let me tell you some of the jugglers were pretty damn nice

CT42.jpg

Our fun was spoiled around half 10 when the local police came and told the drummers that there had been a complaint from one of the home owners, and at about 10?ish the city police came and confiscated all the alcohol on the beach. They hadn?t reach one third of the way when their bag was so full with bottles & cans that they couldn?t carry it, but had to drag it. Someone was going to have a mean party afterwards!

Anyhow the event was attended by at least a 1000 people if I had to guess, and fun was had till about half 10.

If anyone wants to attend, just go on a Mon night, but don?t take any alcohol in any conventional alcohol container, as you might end up having that confiscated!
And watch that sigaret smoke, it doesn?t smell like regular brands!