Fun in the Sun after near death Experience!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
In early July, after riding past the back of Wagondrift Dam, near Wembezi, I was ambling along at a relaxed 70km/h when a mad cow bolted out the low bank from behind a tree.... It was all over before I could even process the thought!

After feeling very very sorry for myself for the next few days, and beaten blue in many areas, I realised I actually escaped very lightly, by the grace of God! Although badly bruised, I did not suffer one abrasion, testament to good protective wear!

At my wife urging, (bless her soul!!) I started looking for another bike. I wanted something with less than 5000km, and in line with the offload riding we do, so it boiled down to a 1200GS water-cooled, or a Super Adventure R. The KTM made the most sense, as I already had panniers, brackets and many other KTM specific things,.... Plus I really like the poke of the 1290.... nothing quite like it!! (cows not withstanding!)

More to follow...

Attachments

• IMG_1368.jpeg
    IMG_1368.jpeg
    674.3 KB · Views: 586