Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Clives bikes KZN Margate anyone know them ???  (Read 1996 times)

Offline met eish

Clives bikes KZN Margate anyone know them ???
« on: September 19, 2019, 07:38:10 pm »
Hallo Honne
My 950 burnt a valve and I opened the who carcass, couple of major issues.
Any of you fine gents had any dealings with these okes.
http://clivesbikes.co.za/index.php
My 950 needs looove, worn bearings due to oil starvation at some point , contemplating a heart transplant.
R20 k for a 950 engine.... ? to good to be true, help me out here ?
To rebuilt a 950 properly with original parts is expensive and very time consuming.
KTM 950

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Tea 7 for the masses!
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline met eish

Re: Clives bikes KZN Margate anyone know them ???
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 09:31:17 pm »
Did a bit of pi work and it is looking good, this guy can get hold of almost any bike part.
If this turns out to be legit and efficient he will have plenty of WD customers in future.
Will keep updating.
KTM 950

The following users thanked this post: Tiger8, Mike11

Offline ska_sa

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 04:53:30 pm »
Unless he has moved I don’t think he is in margate. To my knowledge he mainly deals in Chinese bike parts for the imports.

I stand to be corrected but he was operating out of Phoenix.

Just be cautious. Maybe place a small order first.
Ride em' dont hide em' love classic bikes - Currently own 1981 XT500, 1972 FS1 -50, 1969 AT1, 1975 DT250, 1974 DT175A
1974 RD400A,  1968 Italjet Mustang 50

Offline boere

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 05:00:35 pm »
He wants full payment upfront and then he will import the parts or engine.I was looking for a motor but was not prepared to part with R22K before i have the motor.

To many dodgy deals going around. if he is that good he should have parts/motors available on the floor. But that is just my thinking.

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 06:37:35 pm »
I asked my son and does not know such a business in Margate!
He is GM for a security company there and between me and him we know most of the businesses there!
I have seen ads for Clives bikes under Phoenix, Park Rynie and Umkomaas?
Get a street address and I will ask my son to give them a visit to check it out before you pay money over.
Pm me
Dakar 650
SR 500

The following users thanked this post: met eish

Offline CliveG

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 06:46:36 pm »
Yes, that right, he used to be in Phoenix, but has moved down the coast. He place used to be a total backyard business, jammed packed with piles of Chinese bikes and 4 wheelers. He started selling spares and fixing Chinese bikes and junk, no other bike shop would touch. Then started importing Chinese spares, now he has grown it, to a multi billion business with oversea factories, that make and sell, anything and everything, exciting hey ? You want to believe that ?

A friend of mine went and bought 2nd 4 wheeler seats from him for the foam, when he was in Phoenix.

Would not deal with him, unless I could go there and see and feel, what I am buying.
Husqvarna Nuda 900, BMW R80 GS, BMW G650 X Country, 2016 Beta 300 X Trainer,
Ducati 900 Darmah SSD, Ducati 900 SS, Ducati 900 Darmah SD, Ducati 860, Norton 750 Commander, Triton 650, Suzuki T500, Yamaha RZ500 x 2, Yamaha RD350YPVS, Yamaha RD350 air cooled,  Yamaha RT360 x 2.

If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.
Frank Zappa

Offline met eish

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 07:11:30 pm »
Thanks guys, difficult to part with R20 k at risk !!!
Flipside is if this oke can get a brand new 950 engine for 20 k from Austria this Wilddog site will go mad !!!
KTM 950

Offline boere

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 07:17:55 pm »
Thanks guys, difficult to part with R20 k at risk !!!
Flipside is if this oke can get a brand new 950 engine for 20 k from Austria this Wilddog site will go mad !!!
Wat is die kanse dat hy 'n nuwe masjien kan kry vir 20K met ons rand wat so fucked is. :patch: :patch: :patch:

Offline met eish

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 10:31:05 pm »
Agree Boere,
Spoke to him ...glad met die bek
KTM 950

Offline windswept

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 10:54:36 pm »
Yes, that right, he used to be in Phoenix, but has moved down the coast. He place used to be a total backyard business, jammed packed with piles of Chinese bikes and 4 wheelers. He started selling spares and fixing Chinese bikes and junk, no other bike shop would touch. Then started importing Chinese spares, now he has grown it, to a multi billion business with oversea factories, that make and sell, anything and everything, exciting hey ? You want to believe that ?

A friend of mine went and bought 2nd 4 wheeler seats from him for the foam, when he was in Phoenix.

Would not deal with him, unless I could go there and see and feel, what I am buying.

Looks like you're in Pinetown so it isn't you. :peepwall:

Offline CliveG

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 08:49:28 am »

different breed
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:50:12 am by CliveG »
Husqvarna Nuda 900, BMW R80 GS, BMW G650 X Country, 2016 Beta 300 X Trainer,
Ducati 900 Darmah SSD, Ducati 900 SS, Ducati 900 Darmah SD, Ducati 860, Norton 750 Commander, Triton 650, Suzuki T500, Yamaha RZ500 x 2, Yamaha RD350YPVS, Yamaha RD350 air cooled,  Yamaha RT360 x 2.

If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.
Frank Zappa

Online Edgar

• Local Mods
  • Bike: KTM 1050 Adventure
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 12:37:31 pm »
Like what was stated above, as far as I know, Clives Bikes deals with China bikes. 22K is a lot of money to take chances with

Online Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 01:14:37 pm »
R22k for a complete rebuild is about right if nothing big is broke or needs replacing.

Just re-nicasil’ing the bores would be about R6k. A full gasket set is nearly the same.

They’re not complicated motors, but I’d ask for a list of previous clients who’ve had their 950 motors rebuild by him. Then I’d call them.

This guy may be good and is tired of fixing junk. Everyone moves up as they go. Just be careful he’s not using you as schooling.
I wonder where that gravel road goes? And that, has usually made all the difference. (Apologies to Mr Frost)

You want to have a stable Picture & Video host?

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup.mg?Coupon=7ovFBQhdrwnZw

Offline JustBendIt

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • cunning linguistic afficionado
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2019, 03:20:04 pm »
R22k for a complete rebuild is about right if nothing big is broke or needs replacing.

Just re-nicasil’ing the bores would be about R6k. A full gasket set is nearly the same.

They’re not complicated motors, but I’d ask for a list of previous clients who’ve had their 950 motors rebuild by him. Then I’d call them.

This guy may be good and is tired of fixing junk. Everyone moves up as they go. Just be careful he’s not using you as schooling.

He is not quoting R22K to rebuild the engine - he is quoting R22K to supply a complete new engine

Where is he going to source a new engine that has been out of production since 2007 ?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 03:21:35 pm by JustBendIt »
The older I get the faster I was

Offline GeenSand

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2020, 10:15:37 am »
Any Feedback regarding this. Did anyone buy anything from him?
He quoted me R12k for a complete new motor for the DR750 i'm busy rebuilding.

Sent from my SM-A605F using Tapatalk

Take nothing but photos
Leave nothing but tracks
Kill nothing but time

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2020, 10:48:04 am »
This is not life or death. It is an internet forum.

Offline manxkipper

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2020, 11:14:29 am »
I would say it is extremely risky to part with any cash . The whole thing smells off.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2020, 01:36:27 pm »
I would be very keen to find out more about Clive's bikes, as I see all sorts of wonderful new part ads from them, YZ250 Yamaha barel kits for less than half the price of Yamaha's barrel alone.

Then again, even if you get your money back, it could be with them for a few months, not earning YOU interest. :thumleft:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:38:07 pm by 2StrokeDan »

Offline C-bass

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
Clives Bikes
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2020, 07:41:08 am »
Hi guys

Just thought I’d ask if you maybe know if this company is legit and real ?? Sorry if I’m stepping on toes here but one can’t be too careful these days. So I am looking for an engine or engine parts for a superbike and came across these guys..Clives Bikes imports. They basically sells most bike brands engines and engine parts which they import direct from overseas..situated In Margate in the East coast.
Will appreciate if someone can shed some light for me ? They sent me an email with a price and not a real quote attached and there’s no name or email signature on the emails so I can be talking to a random guy from nowhere!

Anyways thank allot. :o
C-bass