Gear levers are crap on 2017 + bikes....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonova

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Hey all. So I've been riding KTM's in the rocks for like 9 years now - NEVER broken a gear lever. 2017 bike - 4th ride snaps off on a non-event rock. Ive heard everyone bitch about them. its a 2017 250 EXC-F 4 stroke. Ive already replaced the food pegs (of paper mashe) with steel ones cause the 2nd ride totalled one of those.....
I've put on the older type of gear lever from my KTM 2015 and it seems to fit 100% - but I can't find anything about whether thats an issue or not. (I can't see the difference but I have no OEM one to look at cause its in half. I've also looked at aftermarket levers and seems that the ones for sale for 2017 up bikes are different to the 2016 and earlier bikes but I can't tell how.  No ways i'm putting on a OEM one that breaks so easily so its either the older strong one or an aftermarket.
Anyone have any knowledge on this subject? Maybe a good option and where to get?
schweet