Ben10 - Yes, yet another ride report.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OomD

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Intro

The sun eventually rose over the first day of our Ben10 Eco Challenge. We had planned this for a while, and had read all the other Ben10 trip reports in the meantime, but we had to wait until it was school holidays in order for mini-me to join us.

It was [member=408]JonW[/member]’s ride report that got our planning started, and further reports from others like [member=13184]Noneking[/member], [member=21761]Highsider[/member] and [member=14258]m0lt3n[/member] just fuelled the flames of anticipation. We had originally planned for a 7 day trip, taking it at a mellow pace as the idea was not to chase time goals, but experience the views and passes. Also, we initially had a colleague joining the trip, who is a trail runner. He was planning to run all the passes, but after a spell of flu some time back decided to cancel. We decided to reduce the trip to a 5 day one, including the 2 days to travel there and back from Pta. It was going to be mini-me and I on bikes (KTM 500 and BMW G450X) and a friend (Gerhard) in a bakkie.

After booking the accommodation and planning the routes, Jaco (the trail runner) decided to join after all, so he had a new target of running all the passes in a 3 day period. Dedication? Or madness? You decide.  ???