Insurance - Outsurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevgh0

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
It seems they are getting really desperate for new business.

I called them right before I got my bike and I was told, because its an offroad they cant give me comprehensive insurance for the road. They also quoted me R120 - 00 with a moerse excess. I told them I will see what Santam quotes me and take it from there. Since we alreay have a policy with Santam, Santam told me R313 for the amount of R51 000.

I accepted it, since i needed the insurance letter to take delivery of the bike, and I have been with them since.

Outsurance called me on Thursday, merely doing a follow up i want you business call, and asked me what im paying. I say err around R180 - 00

Obviously that was the first thing that came to mind. So then he came back and quoted me R165- 00 fully comprehensive for the road exculding liability (for passengers)

Now what puzzles me is.

How much do they make? Think about it. Everybody needs insurance, Insurance vs Payout as per the norm is usually very slim. Im almost certain if i said i was paying R150 - 00 they would have come with R120 - 00.

Any thoughts?