changed battery and now barely running - sorted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain jack

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
After weeks of the clock resetting to 0000 everytime I started the bike combined with the ABS not activating and slower and slower cranking, I realized that after at least 8years, it was time for a new battery :deal:

New battery in (22amp, R1300), bike is happily turning over and over and over and over and over, but really struggling to fire.

1. When it does take, it'll run for a second or two and then die as I give more throttle.
2. I can get it going after a couple of attempts, but she's running rough, very rough :eek7:
3. The choke cable suddenly seems to be sticking, where it was just firm before.
4. It sounds awful, and I think it might only be running on one cylinder (simply because it's going put put put).
5. I've taken the tank off again: nothing appears pinched, I didn't leave a rag in the airbox, and that's about my limit  :sip:

At this rate my new battery is going to be flat before I get on the road........ :mad:

May 1999 1150 with 110k on the clock.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Was it something I did :eek: