Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TSAT (Trans South Africa Trail)  (Read 38469 times)

Offline voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
Re: TSAT (Trans South Africa Trail)
« Reply #360 on: March 06, 2021, 09:04:13 pm »
Confirmed sections ridden to be marked in green
Perhaps note somewhere the (approx) date it was ridden?

@sidetrack - this is coming along big time. It will be fantastic when done (not it will ever be "done" - there will be continuous updates and add-ons, I guess).

Do you have any plans to "market" the TSAT when at operational status? Like on the US and EU adv forums? And with local service/accomm providers? (Not really necessary for me to know all these details; I'm just following this keenly simply because I'm captivated by your vision and enthusiasm!)  :thumleft:

I'm also following this with interest, from NL.

The issue that I have is that ZA is far from everything. This means flights are expensive for me and where do I find a proper bike?
In the EU where everything is within +-1300km from me, the TET is still free to download and ride. (Higher demand)

According to my knowledge, the only financial benefits that stemmed from the TET is the Carpe Iter device.
https://www.thorkracing.com/en/carpe-navigation/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 10:29:28 am by dirtWarp »

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #361 on: March 09, 2021, 11:19:20 am »
Confirmed sections ridden to be marked in green
Perhaps note somewhere the (approx) date it was ridden?

@sidetrack - this is coming along big time. It will be fantastic when done (not it will ever be "done" - there will be continuous updates and add-ons, I guess).

Do you have any plans to "market" the TSAT when at operational status? Like on the US and EU adv forums? And with local service/accomm providers? (Not really necessary for me to know all these details; I'm just following this keenly simply because I'm captivated by your vision and enthusiasm!)  :thumleft:

I'm also following this with interest, from NL.

The issue that I have is that ZA is far from everything. This means flights are expensive for me and where do I find a proper bike?
In the EU where everything is within +-1300km from me, the TET is still free to download and ride. (Higher demand)

According to my knowledge, the only financial benefits that stemmed from the TET is the Carpe Iter device.
https://www.thorkracing.com/en/carpe-navigation/
Flights to the EU from SA is a lot cheaper than to OZ or USA for example, not the same for you ? 10 hour flight and sommer buy a bike here in SA  :ricky:  Plenty of BM's to rent but who would want to do the TSAT on a BM  ;) Anyway the TSAT is half dead at this point (see first post), not much interest from people to verify routes and make suggestions. The best option is to ride it oneself and get a definitive route.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 11:23:27 am by sidetrack »
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #362 on: March 09, 2021, 11:20:06 am »
PS the idea was never to make money, I would gladly give it sway for free (the route)
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien