Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Lusikisiki  (Read 339 times)

Online Karel84

Lusikisiki
« on: October 09, 2019, 09:24:27 am »
Not sure if this is in the correct section.

Wanting to take the family to the old Transkei during the kids' Dec holidays. I'm in KZN so I know the Valies flock down this way during that time, but can anyone comment on how busy it gets in the Transkei at that time of year?

I get pretty grumpy when there are too many people around or there's too much traffic. Not much use driving 5hrs if the sightseeing won't be enjoyed.

Sent from my SNE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Online RobLH

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Re: Lusikisiki
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 11:02:39 am »
Firstly, I hope you're not planning on staying in Lusikisiki, that would be like taking the family to Hammarsdale for a beach holiday.

You'll need to head for Mboyti or Msikaba for the beach. Mboyti if you want more people but a hotel and campsite, or Msikaba if you want fewer people and are prepared to camp.

The usual caveats around not going to the beach on Boxing or New Year's Day apply.

Here's a tip - have a look at Mtentu.

Online Karel84

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 12:20:33 pm »
Firstly, I hope you're not planning on staying in Lusikisiki, that would be like taking the family to Hammarsdale for a beach holiday.

You'll need to head for Mboyti or Msikaba for the beach. Mboyti if you want more people but a hotel and campsite, or Msikaba if you want fewer people and are prepared to camp.

The usual caveats around not going to the beach on Boxing or New Year's Day apply.

Here's a tip - have a look at Mtentu.
Thanks Rob

We're actually wanting to go to Magwe for a bit of hiking and whatnot. We're from the beach, so if it's too busy we could just stay away.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 12:22:22 pm by Karel84 »

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 09:13:24 am »
...I'm in KZN so I know the Valies flock down this way during that time, but can anyone comment on how busy it gets in the Transkei at that time of year?

K84, I think you should be made aware that more than half the population of Transkei actually works in "The Vaal"
so they will all be home for the holidays.
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Online Karel84

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 10:49:01 am »
...I'm in KZN so I know the Valies flock down this way during that time, but can anyone comment on how busy it gets in the Transkei at that time of year?

K84, I think you should be made aware that more than half the population of Transkei actually works in "The Vaal"
so they will all be home for the holidays.
Thanks Fud. And that's the deal breaker!