Bray, the forgotten city

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0lt3n

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Okay, maybe Bray isn't a city.

And I may be doing this report without a single picture of Bray in it. But I did ride the area

And I may change the name of the report when I stop talking about the trip and more about my issues...but more on that later...

Why Bray....
Or first, where is Bray...

Bray is a small border post town about 200km North of Vryburg, on the border of Botswana, in the middle of nowhere.
There used to be a lot of Ride reports on Bray, IIRC it was done mostly by [member=2815]subie[/member], but he has since retired from these adventures and the reports of this forgotten land died with him. I remember I was in the area once, when in grade 5, with a buddy, and always wanted to go back (maybe because said buddy had nice cousin....don't know) and always thought I really wanted to do this trip some time. But reports always said that this is where sand is manufactured and its almost 400km from my home base of Kathu.

But I had to do a trip, bored with the normal roads, only had 1 day and the idea was born. I pitched it for the buddies and it got approved, but then the day before leaving things changed and buddies couldn't join and I had decisions to make.
Decisions were made, wife was not updated to prevent new decisions being made for me, and of I went...solo.

But first, meeting nr 1 for the day  :peepwall: