2017 GS - vibration on back brake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I'm new to the world of BMW and was hoping to get some advice, please

I'm buying a 2017 GS with very low mileage and the bike seems to be in perfect nick at a first glance, but during a test-ride there were a few things which caught my attention, but I've been told these are all normal characteristics of this bike - I'm hoping someone can advise:

1.  When applying the back brake (at lower speeds particularly) there's a definitive vibration on the brake pedal - almost similar to the high frequency vibration that one would feel on a car brake pedal when ABS kicks in -  I've been told this is normal and only a result of the KAROO 3 tyres..? I've asked for the pads to be replaced, but it made no difference and I can't see any obvious irregularity on the discs.

2.  At low speeds (40 - 80 km/h) there's a humming sound coming from the front of the bike - I've been told this is normal and only a result of the KAROO 3 tyres in conjunction with some sort of 'dyno-genreated' sound which is common to the GS..? Sounded like a made-up story to me.  The sound seems to dissipate as you increase speed (and wind-noise increases).

3.  At low speed (2nd gear, 40km/h) when closing the throttle there's a definitive vibration (almost like a grinding vibration generated by the engine) which one can feel in the footpegs - I've been told this is perfectly normal.

I don't know if I'm imagining things or just not used to normal characteristics of a different kind of engine/bike.

Any advice or comments would be much appreciated.