F650GS 2002 - Oil leak on top of engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RasMan

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Afternoon Wilddogs

I have a BMW F650GS 2002 model, with about 55k km.  On Thursday I saw that my bike was leaking oil, and this afternoon I cleaned it up and found the problem.  The oil pipe from the oil reservoir going into the top of the engine has broken off.  It looks to me like the pipe connects to a nipple on top of the engine, and the nipple broke off leaving a little hole on the top of the engine.  The bike was serviced in March, and since then I've only done about 1k km.  The bike is still in a great condition, and I really hope that this isn't something serious.

I searched online for someone else with the same problem, but couldn't find anything.  I live in Alberton, so I'm looking for someone in the area that would be able to help me.  Does anyone know someone that will be able to fix this for me. 

Edit:  Fixed the pictures to show

This is the pipe going from the oil reservoir to the engine:
WedxZRgyKXaB-c5hRmMo8KDH8rbyMaULHyvylzwr5msSGjmdErfiWkXDUU8CmBj6R9EqU03Kxl2G4mZpQDjt5GrBAMPUWg16jlIWSVvVlr9eVQguOEGLmdwWYxofFHLD3fDcz7iISg=w2400

Little pipe on top of engine:
PwSZ-XX0gehSIYA2MWFib6GOEDhPt_XK-NDjPz3tI93DxjGHJWTpmwLF55lHzKhLBTxxD9_nrB-oR40yGDqzzw5CIWz-wQzNFjCtrHSnID18lJwR_EV7kNiAVhfqoRjm4QyVHBxVKg=w2400

The hole where it is suppose to be connected to:
YUTnKNbEvOXdLCm10DbkS8ylEXzz5Brn4qY92YPAV8NchWksulM4YD49jq_sedaFzPaVoKuicTiMR24Wiyui3_CT4--PIFgv40AE-2BDSflV2gEU1cMop-bolJigMOgbze80uQsC3A=w2400