2020 - Cheap, old & nasty bike trek

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your thoughts on participation

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kobus Myburgh

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
Ever since buying the 1979 Honda XL250S a couple of years ago I’ve had the urge to do an old school adventure.  I am privileged to have two of these old bikes at various stages of completion/restoration and I promised a mate of mine in Cape Town that we’ll do a proper adventure on them once complete.

The idea was to get a couple of mates together, get to a predetermined budget buy, fix the necessary and travel to Kubu island, a place that I always wish to go back to.

Recently I saw two different groups that did exactly that and it looked like a whole lot of fun.  I’ve decided that I need to do it before it’s too late and I’m starting formulating the concept.

Is there any of you guys that would want to join in on something like this?

I am contemplating the idea to not put a restraint on the value of the bike, but rather the age of the bike.  It will be a family affair whereby you can have your loved ones ride backup.  It will in all probability also not be Kubu island since rumors have it that access will be shortly closed for bikes.  I’m thinking a proper Karoo excursion.

245294cf3c82f461e62f31832fb3ca35.jpg