SLUMDOG BASH - OLD THOMAS RIVER RIDE REPORT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
The planning of the annual Slumdog Bash were done here
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=241207.0

It is now done and dusted and some are most probs still on the road, but here is the start of the ride report.

First of all, thanks to JMOL for all his efforts and trouble in making this ride possible.  Thanks my friend, it was once again a success and we are already looking forward to next year.  :biggrin: :laughing4:  (I believe there will be a spitbraai at next years bash.  :patch:)

A great time were once again had by all who attended, old friends were once again united and new friends were made while we all chatted away talking about our bikes and the routes and the weather and the bird and the bees.  In the mean time there were more than enough liquid refreshments for the attendees.  Some started with the bonfire for the meat on offer while the salads and freshly baked bread were waiting to be devoured. 

Some came with their "huge" one and two men tents while the rest had the option of soft mattresses in the more than enough rooms and sleeping quarters.  After the healthy meal and once the tanks were filled with the liquid refreshments on offer, the slain soldiers departed one by one to their individual sleeping places.  Some seemed not to sleep at all, brave men and woman.    :eek7:

The following morning we had a great buffet brekkie consisting of toast butter and jam, scrambled eggs, hash browns, savory mince, bacon, baked beans, tomato ans onion sauce and tea and coffee.  I always enjoy their brekkie tremendously.    After brekkie all left to their respective homes on their routes of choice. 

Once again a huge thanks to JMOL and to all who attended, see next year.  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Now for our route and some pics of the route and the venue.

The wife and I would meet JMOL and some of his friends at a certain point as we would leave from King William's Town and they from East London.
From there we would ride together to Old Thomas River. 

Attached our planned route and there after the pics of the route and the venue will follow.
The route for the trip to Old Thomas River would roughly be as follow.
Meeting spot at the R63 turnoff to Kubushie Drift, from there gravel to Bolo, Bolo left on farm roads to Henderson / Ferndale, then onward to Cathcart, 15km tar on the N6 then a right turnoff toward OTR Police Station en then to Old Thomas River a short distance further.  A short 250km or so. 

Attachments

• _DSC0282.jpg
    _DSC0282.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 386
  • _DSC0284.jpg
    _DSC0284.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 368
  • _DSC0286.jpg
    _DSC0286.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 372
  • _dsc0281.jpg
    _dsc0281.jpg