Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Pro Action F_cks up again!!  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
Re: Pro Action F_cks up again!!
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2008, 11:45:16 am »
Mooi Korporal!  :)

JohnST

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2008, 11:52:10 am »
As far as I know Butch only sold KTM SA not Pro action, but a problem like this is also not solved over night. They should give me their staff issues for a 6 months, they will run a tight ship there after... well at least for a while.  ::)  It's a culture that has to change and it comes from the top. Sorry if I'm stepping on toes but it's the truth. If my work is up to s_t I take it on the chin!!

"WOP"  ;)

Online RedWolf

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2008, 11:57:24 am »
Just buy Japanese bikes...
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline Buller

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • "Do not go North of the Tugela"
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2008, 12:20:42 pm »
..., but a problem like this is also not solved over night. They should give me their staff issues for a 6 months, they will run a tight ship there after... well at least for a while.  ::)  It's a culture that has to change and it comes from the top. Sorry if I'm stepping on toes but it's the truth. If my work is up to s_t I take it on the chin!!

"WOP"  ;)

I fully agree with that.

Offline plonker

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2008, 01:26:28 pm »
Buy an 800GS great DS bike and generally BMW service pretty good.Some people say 800GS even better than 990 as has better low down torque and its 26k cheaper (basic bikes no extras)

Next, send all your letters of complaint to KTM in Austria as I know from reading an article on the launch of the new R8 road bike one of their big concerns was that KTM dealers worldwide tend to be not very customer focused as when you buy an enduro or mx bike the minute you push it off the premises they could not give a foofar as those bikes don't have warrantees. The marketing director responsible for the world wide launch stated as much.He said they knew they had a battle on their hands to get the dealers customer focused.So it seems even far away in the KTM HQ they know about the poor service.

This is why BMW probably sells more 800gs's in a month than KTM moves 990's in a year.

Offline Buller

• Race Dog
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2008, 01:35:45 pm »
Buy an 800GS great DS bike and generally BMW service pretty good.Some people say 800GS even better than 990 as has better low down torque and its 26k cheaper (basic bikes no extras)

Interesting point, and I agree with BMW's superior service that one generally gets.  But I'm actually prepared to pay the extra inconvenience in order to ride an exciting bike (KTM), rather than riding a less exciting bike...  I'm not very fond of the F800's engine, as well as the boxer.

JohnST

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2008, 01:50:29 pm »

Next, send all your letters of complaint to KTM in Austria as I know from reading an article on the launch of the new R8 road bike one of their big concerns was that KTM dealers worldwide tend to be not very customer focused as when you buy an enduro or mx bike the minute you push it off the premises they could not give a foofar as those bikes don't have warrantees. The marketing director responsible for the world wide launch stated as much.He said they knew they had a battle on their hands to get the dealers customer focused.So it seems even far away in the KTM HQ they know about the poor service.

This is why BMW probably sells more 800gs's in a month than KTM moves 990's in a year.

Sorry P not an option. Your statement of it being a better bike has been beaten to death on other threads.... quite frankly in my book the 2 can not and should not be compared too much, and like Buller said I'd rather push my Katie then ride anything else!!

Offline The TRANSPORTER

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2008, 08:37:37 pm »
Mwahahahahaha............and with the service you get at that KTM dealerships youre gonna push your bike pretty soon............ >:D >:D :pot: :pot: :ricky: :ricky:
I told her i was married, she said 'me too, who cares, lets ride!'

Franswest

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2008, 06:28:06 am »
Get a KTM workshop manuel, and dont pay Slow A for it download it from the net. service it yourself or attend a tech day. Only after the warrenty exp of course. All the bucks you pay to the highly skilled KTM grease monkeys you can buy all the tools you need to service the bike yourself. If you still want to use someone go to Runner

Offline funacide

• Administrator
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
    • Mediro Business Service Management
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2008, 10:35:15 am »
Luckily my bike is out of warranty so I can take it to Runner or Adventure MX, who have given me great service in the past. For those guys still under warranty, has anybody tried the other KTM dealers in PTA (Mean MAchine and KTM Pretoria)?

I am also doing the interim services (Just oil change etc) myself now...
KTM 1190 ADV R

Offline Buller

• Race Dog
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2008, 10:41:57 am »
There's also The Roost in Springs and Benoni.

Offline EssBee

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2008, 10:55:15 am »
Buller, those okes aren't much better. I was very impressed with them when I 1st went there and spoke to them face to face.....when it came to the "I'll order it and call you when it arrives,".....it never happened. I've never been back since, and it is a pity because I work so close to them. Ok, I'm not referring to work in this instance but spares being ordered.

Then again; Primrose Motorcycles same story for oil filters. Russell Campbell Kawa same story, oil filters. Full Throttle same story for a tube they didn't have.

The only return phone calls I received that I can think of was from one of the darkies at Full Throttle for mx boots, and Tyre Man in Boksburg.

Offline Buller

• Race Dog
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2008, 11:19:44 am »
Buller, those okes aren't much better. I was very impressed with them when I 1st went there and spoke to them face to face.....when it came to the "I'll order it and call you when it arrives,".....it never happened. I've never been back since, and it is a pity because I work so close to them. Ok, I'm not referring to work in this instance but spares being ordered.

Ok, no excuse about the promised phone call that never happened.
KTM importer never has part of anything!!!  I mean that warehouse must be empty, or they use it to store the Boss' KTM painted helicopter + helicopter's parts.
EVERYTIME IT IS THE SAME STORY: "Sorry, we don't have parts, we'll order it for you". When? "Ag, it will be here in 2 weeks". But 6 weeks later, you're still phoning them about the part!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 11:21:51 am by Buller »

JohnST

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2008, 11:36:15 am »
I'll be taking my bike to KTM in Pretoria till my warentee lapses, that will only be next December.... but aprently they are good! This I taken on expert advice from one of our fellow dogs!  ;)

There after all minor services will be done myself and major ones by Runner or Adv MX.

For now I just want to fit my freaken Steering damper!!  :dousing:

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2008, 03:45:56 pm »
Guys it is not just in SA even over here in the "1st world" we get crap service. I noticed some wear on my HP2 front shocks around 6000 miles, took me best part of 7 months to get them to replace under warranty and numerous calls to the dealer. They replaced it around 14000 miles and now my next fight is on when the bike runs out of warranty whether BMW is going to fix it again as they only replaced the forks with the same that is already not correct.

Up to date they have never ever called me back through out the whole thing not even telling me my bike is ready for collection  ??? I was litteraly screaming at the service manager who with everything just shrugged his pathetic little shoulders complaining how tough it is dealing with internal BMW politics like I give a flying..........  :BangHead: :BangHead:

If you want to read about bad service have a look at this thread on UKGser, it is long but very funny

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153449
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.