South africans in UK who have renewed a SA passport.....needing help./UPDATE.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphadog

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
hi, any south Africans living in the uk who have recently applied for south African passport renewal ? hoping to get some help with the process if you live far from London. is it possible to get a renewal by mail ?. obviously i have been on the website but have a few issues that are out of the contained info on the forms. i have both British and south African passports, apparently new rules suggest that i have to give proof how i got to become a south african at the age of 11 ! when i turned 16 i got a south African id and a sa passport. i just applied . i only got my brit passport many years later. parents no longer with us ,so cant ask them.how do i prove that i got the docs apart from the fact i have them in my hand ?

was recently informed that i cannot visit south africa with just my brit passport, if i have both i have to enter with the south african one.this has really bummed me out, does it mean i have to give up my sa passport ? i have dreams of returning to sa, not something i would like to give up on.